Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

2.0L 16v 0-60 in 6.2 secs

It does seem very quick, although I was trying it out in my Leon (180 bhp) on my way home from work and it was pretty similar to that. I'll try and do a clip of mine.

tomoz i promise i will do another sprint 0-60 or whatever... now to prove the video is not speeded up or anything.. shall i play a radio staion in the background... sounds like a plan

& yes this is 150% real and not sounding cocky at all i recon i can do i faster :p

i recon about 0.2 secs faster...? ill give it a go... and ill lose the passanger i had sitting the the car weighing it down. the 0-60 time is nothing compaired to how it pulls constantly after 100mph still just keeps going untill 120 odd then when ur in 5th she slows down a tad...

na LOL just good old VW's 2.0l 16v N/A engine 9a awwww ill miss her she one of a kind LOL

what u recon ur time is to 60 im putting the car back on e-bay 2moz do u think this will be a good selling point or shall i not mention any engine mods as this proballt will lower the price as people don't want modded rados...

Interesting thread. However, using a method considerably more advanced than a stopwatch I make the 0-60 time 6.67 seconds. While this still seems like a good time it's clearly not from a standing start.

Your car seems to accelerate very well and, believe me, I'm not trying to rain on your parade but this does seem like a heavily biased test. I'd love to hear Dr. Mat's views on it all!

Is that a wind up? :?

I only ask because the acceleration seems constant, even through gear changes.

Also my old Clio had 172 break, weighing only a fraction of the Corrado, yet that had figures of 6.9 in the sprint to sixty.

just read this everyone i speak to seams to think my gear shifting is impossiable... why is this can't you guys shift fast? ..... hummm this i how i change gears...

Interesting. Normally people tell me to shut up.

Bah...what do they know?!

About as much as me, mostly....

na... it is from standing.... just reved up to start. at 2k then pedal to the metal *carpet* from then on...

Although the needle in the video reaches 60mph in a little under seven seconds, I can not see that is the *complete* video of the event. When the footage starts the engine note suggests that car is already moving, be it only at a few mph. The process of getting the car rolling in sprint from a standing is, obviously, a major factor in the final result.

I believe a car with an estimated 180bhp is going to have a lot more trouble putting the power down than the video shows.

Five pages....this thread is popular!

*EDIT*

After re-examining the video I stick with my original conclusion - a large proportion of the sprint is unaccounted for. The first frame shows the speedometer needle indicating slightly above 10mph. I can not even attribute this to parallax error as for that to be the case the recording device would had to have been looking 'up' at the speedometer. A time index of 0.067 seconds shows an indicated 12mph (approx.); after one second an indicated 20mph; and 0-30mph in 2.2 seconds.

Although these figures can not be claimed as an exact science I suggest you go hunting for Mk.5 Golf GTIs as the Feb 05 issue of Evo magazine shows that it can *only* reach 30mph from a standing start in a paltry 2.7 seconds! :wink:

The lack of a gear change time is simply explained - the speedo needle is pretty slow to respond on these cars.

The 0-10 is probably the biggest impact on the 0-60 time too, as bcstudent mentioned.

But we've banged on about this car previously. We've seen rolling road print-outs that show that this freak 2.0 16v produces a nearly flat torque curve from 2500rpm all the way up to the redline. How many standard 16vs do that? No matter how much tweakage you put in, you can't compensate for the poor low rev torque on these cars without a blower...

Anyway, we never got to the bottom of it.

Just had a look at it again for the 20th time. Chris You are on a wind-up. good one mind but a wind-up never the less. Your camera man is very steady whith the camcorder :wink: gets up to 20mph exceptionally fast and we all know what the rado traction contol is like (poo):wink: Your stritch of road was exceptionally smooth and downhill i suspect with a tail wind. :wink: I Pushed the Vr (54k and not 114k) last night with a 52 plate Porker C4 (had lots of Fun) but there is no way a 2ltr16 could achieve a consistant pull like that unless it was attached to the back of a dreadster.

Nice one Chris. got us all going there for a min (pisssst! you que to set the cat free) :wink:

NO !!! LOL the camera is wedged in front of the gauges... *for the sat nav* the road was FLAT!!! on the A3 hardsholder and i was building up speed.... to join the road :wink:

next video i will take i will start filming whislt filming POP the bonnet and show you guys the engine so u know it a 2L 16v ... then i will film 4 a sec the streach of road i will rag it up *probally A3 again* then whilst doing the run play some music so it will prove that the film isnt speeded up at all.....

:wink: thanks for all the compliments on my gear changes.... :wink:

Roger Mellie says "B******S"

& I'm afraid I have to agree with him.. :shock:

When my G60 gets back on the road (April), it'll be pushing approx 230bhp, with a shedload more torque than any normally aspirated 2.0-16v. I'll be well impressed if I can get 0-60 in 6 seconds !!

Can you put the camera somewhere where we can see you driving and the speedo at the same time? and maybe one to see these lightning gear changes you are making, careful you don't break the gearbox! lol. On paper these figures don't add up, a CTR has 166bhp per tonne and takes 6.8 to 60.

I wanna see that the stereo is on the radio as well, none of this recording the radio then altering the speed on your pc nonsense. :p

Just read this thread... well funny!

Sorry mate, but the 2.0 16v's slower than a week in jail...

What ever you done, fair play, but i'm not buying it!!

I'll race ya anyday, and mine's standard..

I wanna know what he's telling the prospective buyers.

Anyway, in November the guy said "I'm in no hurry to sell, I've got a year", so he's not even serious about *that*!