Sign in to follow this  
Jay_vr6

Amp grounding help

rca cables running up one side of car and amp power running up the other, where is the best point in the boot to A.mount the amp (on back of seat ? ) and B best place to get a solid grounf easild, theres a fair bit if gear under the bootfloor and i don't want to drill anything that'll cost me money.

I rigged it up today and it hums like mad, i was just holding the ground onto a nut in the boot though and have heard vw's are fairly renowned for any ampo needing a very good earth.

My earth is attached to the rear seatbelt bolt and so ive got a really good earth but its a massive cable.

In the past ive used a self tapper and drilled in to the boot floor being careful not to go through anything and painting over the screw so as it wont rust

I cant really say about amp mounting as mine are under a false floor in the boot......

same here, the earth is on the rear seat belt bolt, i mounted the amp to the rear of the back seat, this way it doesnt take any room up and it runs cool

Mines earthed back to the battery with a ultra low resistance cable, mine was earthed to the seatbelt bolt. but i was getting a slight tiny hum, earthing it to the battery stopped that.

Mine's earthed to the 10mm bolt behind the nearside rear card so it's all out of the way and invisible :D

thats the heated seats loom relay earth , good choice

Mine's earthed to the 10mm bolt behind the nearside rear card so it's all out of the way and invisible :D

thats the heated seats loom relay earth , good choice

If you've got them :wink: There's nothing at all behind the nearside card in my car. I wouldn't have earthed it there if relays were present though.