Riley

Late Black G60

:lol: Im hoping the new lambda (specific to no cat convertor) along with new system and remap will show the problem up or sort it for good!

Did indeed sell the mk1 mate :( It went for 8K...If things were diffarent, we wouldn't have let it go for double that. :(

Front bumper is painted finally!

To cut a long story short...the guy who last painted it made an absolute mess of it, the paint peeled off, and it wasn't even flatted back in most places!

DSC05889.jpg

So i had to peel/scrape it all off! nightmare!

It now has the recess that i cut plastic filled, and it chamfers into the hole for the intercooler.Hard to get on the pics...

meshplateg60311093.jpg

meshplateg60311091.jpg

meshplateg60311092.jpg

Then i thought id try the mesh number plate again, but ive gone off the idea all together i think. So im gonna go for black mesh and no plate at all.

meshplateg60311095.jpg

meshnumberplateg60311091.jpg

meshnumberplateg60311092.jpg

Because the mesh has a sort of open/closed pattern depending how you look at it, it gives the below look while looking up at it.

meshplateg60311096.jpg

And the below look while looking down on it.

meshplateg60311097.jpg

Fitted.Excuse the sign for my dad...who isn't called Jack btw (its short for jacka$$ :lol:

meshnumberplateg603110911.jpg

meshnumberplateg60311093.jpg

Im gonna use black mesh like below but same larger hole style as the white above.

meshplateg6031109-1.jpg

Stands for 'Jacka$$' my dad in other words :lol:

Ive done what i should have probably done from the start :lol: I think it looks sh|t tbh, but its there for performance rather than looks i guess. At least i made an effort to get the hole in the bumper finished off nicely i suppose.

g60blackmeshbumper3209.jpg

g60blackmeshbumper32092.jpg

g60blackmeshbumper32094.jpg

g60blackmeshbumper32093.jpg

g60blackmeshbumper32091.jpg

Neil.

For fucks sake :censored:

I ordered some new fk collars in November (8 in total needed) Were supposed to be around 6/7 quid each...They have arrived today at £11.50 each inc vat!!! :censored:

£92 fecking quid!

There no chance im paying that for a pieve of fecking mass produced alloy that will rot and fall off again anyway!

So thats that then...rado is staying on the axle stands for even longer. Ill never bother with FK again as they don't seem to realise that ally collars are a sh|t idea but are happy to rip you off with some new ones...which will fall apart again.

Not pleased.

Scrub the above...£90...£90!!! fr|ggin quids worth of crap that will fall to bits again :sad: Really didn't want to spend that on top of £600 quids worth of suspension, knowing that they will suffer with dissimilar metal corrosion again. Can only do our best to grease things up i suppose, not that it has helped in the past :gag: Gonna have to hold back on the nitrous for now.

7209coilovernewcollars.jpg

Discovered they wouldn't slide over the shocker body, what with the old ones falling off! So had to remove the strut, and its true what people say about them being Koni's!

7209coilovernewcollars1.jpg

7209coilovernewcollars3.jpg

7209coilovernewcollars2.jpg

They sit on a little spacer in the body (red in pic) New top mounts pictured too.

7209coilovernewcollars4.jpg

Built up with plenty of old skool shell grease.

7209coilovernewcollars5.jpg

And its finally sat back on the floor! Still need to nip all the wishbone bolts up, as i just dropped it to tighten the top mount nuts.

th_7209coilovernewcollarsvideo.jpg

Last video of the silly knight rider light, only did it for the crack...

th_7209coilovernewcollarsvideo1.jpg

Neil.

neil,

Headlights, talk to me!

i take it you've used your yellow protection films? any trouble with the plod. is it ok to drive with them yellow?

i love the look and want to do it to my lights.

Regards,

Andy

Hi mate, it is indeed the very product 8)

Its also perfectly legal as the mot 'book' states that forward facing lights must be yellow or white.

A single piece of 12"x16" (cut in half to 6"x16") will protect both faces of corrado headlights.

Neil.

Such a good read Neil. I've got a N2O kit to go on, and your thread has given me some good pointers :D

Like don't try fit the nozzle in silicone just because it looks better :lol: :( Another bit of bad news...typical of the damn thing.

Don't believe it man...

Rear footwell. :( :mad2:

Looks like the heater matrix has broke AGAIN. Ive already fecking changed it once, dashboard out job and everything. As if i can be ar$ed doing it all again.

g60serviced72094.jpg

Managed to change the oil, filter, sump plug and seal, air filter, dizzy cap, rotor arm, fuel filter.

g60serviced7209.jpg

And actually got the mk1 golf plate holder mounted on the bumper, properly bolted the bumper on and fitted the lights...also used some of the same black mesh in the bottom left corner where the cold air feed is.

Waxoyled the wishbones again, waxoyled the cross member, tightened all the wishbone bolts, ball joints, track rod ends, drop links etc etc blah blah feckin blah...

g60serviced72091.jpg

g60serviced72092.jpg

g60serviced72093.jpg

I dunno what the hell to do with it now...just getting more and more p|ssed off with it, its like a constant battle with the damn thing.

Its a strange battle though cos its been off the road all the time you have been battling with it. :scratch:

I have lost all the love for mine mate, but cos i was thinking i want a nice leathered blah blah blah corrado, when actually i dont at all, i like its old, i like its ratty but not in the scene sense. Im going onto plan B soon......

I know what ya mean mate...I sometimes think about going a racy route with mine...

Today i only managed to pick a bit of underseal away (where its been jacked up a million times) and went back to bare metal, then etch primed ready for some stone chip/waxoyl. Its all i can manage at the moment, im suffering with damn chest pains again...

So i still have to take all the dash out and fit a new heater matrix for the second bloody time! It will at least give me an ideal oppurtunity to fit the new Innovate LC-1 wideband lambda and air/fuel gauge. :) Got it for £165 delivered via a group buy on Volksdevil, ive gone for the red gauge.

innovateg60wideband.jpg

innovateg60wideband1.jpg

DBkit_dual_700.jpg

Neil.

Second damn time doing this...Why the hell i still own this fecking car i don't know.

g60heatermatrix14209.jpg

Can you spot the heater box?

g60heatermatrix142095.jpg

There the bast/\rd is...

g60heatermatrix142096.jpg

Ready to remove.

g60heatermatrix142091.jpg

Out.

g60heatermatrix142092.jpg

g60heatermatrix142093.jpg

As you can see, the matrix is still pretty new.Ive only had the car 4 years and already replaced it once!!! :censored: Its leaking from the back of the flange.

g60heatermatrix142094.jpg

:(

Removed all carpet, sound deadening and the million clips etc that hold it all in. Propper knackered man, what a nightmare...

I need the car out the unit by end of the month but even being up there every spare minute i don't think ill manage it.

g60carpetremoved15209.jpg

g60carpetremoved152091.jpg

g60carpetremoved152092.jpg

All the sound deadening is propper saturated man...Red dots on first pic show each piece hung up. Feel like im just working my b0ll0cks off for nothing all the time with this damn car.

g60carpetremoved152093.jpg

Carpet/seats etc.

g60carpetremoved152094.jpg

g60carpetremoved152095.jpg

Feel your pain but at least i can now see what they looked like stripped out, so thanks for that.

Do us a favour and show me where the heater resistor pack goes?

As t'other thread Simon, find the big bunch of Yellow wires, and the plug on the bottom of the fan motor, it plugs into the actual resistor pack, silver thing that unclips. 8)

Fitted new ignition switch, the volt gauge no longer fluctuates when i move the key...Mmmmm. Also new bonnet stay clip and dip stick guide for the hell of it.

g60newignitionswitch17209.jpg

And more importantly, new vag heater matrix.

g60newgenuinematrix17209.jpg

g60newgenuinematrix172091.jpg

Still pulling the damp out of the sound proofing with the dehumidifier.

g6019209.jpg

Getting there with the loom. Decided to make the lc-1 wideband fully integrated, its pretty simple stuff really. Also making a new loom for the vdo gauges, all the red/brown wires are what ive put in.

The lc-1 has fused 12v with ignition, as does the afr gauge. They have their own earths, and the gauge has a feed from the headlight switch for dimming when lights on. There is a little led and momentary push switch there too but you can't just see them, they will be incorporated into the dash as a permanent fixture for calibrating the lc-1.

The vdo gauge loom is fed from the original stereo wiring. Still need to finish it and make a little loom up for the illumination.

g60wiringlc-1widebandandgauges20209.jpg

g60wiringlc-1widebandandgauges20-1.jpg

I never bothered with the push button and led on the LC-1 as it can be calibrated without the use of it.

Is it possible to dim the gauge with the headlights, mine says not to wire it that way or should i say it says nothing about it.

Nah its cool to do so Simon, it just says not to take power from the dimming side of things (the blue/grey wire) I took a feed from the grey/red which is sidelights so it dims with headlights on dipped/low/high 8)

I just permanently wired in the led/switch because i don't mind a bit of tidy wiremongery :lol:

Sound deadening is still a bit patchy so im leaving it just one more night and it should be ok, ill keep the dehumidifier in the car even when ive refit it all just to really dry it out.

The foam on the heater box flap was tired so i removed it, and replaced with some thin industrial carpet and also fitted the new heater matrix. A peg had also come off, but it just pushed back in, probably caught it during removal.

Is this car boring/tiring anyone else to death?

g60heaterbox14209.jpg

g60heaterboxflapfix212091.jpg

g60heaterboxflapfix21209.jpg

Common problem on the corrado's is the heater direction cogs snapping out of the box, here's a fix i did some time ago now...Still holding up perfectly.

Inside the heater box.

g60heaterbox142092.jpg

Underneath.

g60heaterbox142091.jpg

Fitted a new vag knock sensor(054 905 377A) and bolt (N010 2336 - 15lbsft-20nm), rocker cover breather grommet (028 103 500) and throttle body air screw and seal (037 133 432). The air screw feels nice and tight compared to the old one.

g60knocksensorbreatherairscrew21209.jpg

Sorted a new end for the stereo aerial, may use another one yet (original style but gold plated)

g6021209aerialend.jpg

Got the sound proofing all clipped back in, heater box and matrix back in.

Tidy'd the wiring even more, and ran a cable from the lc-1 analog output to the area where the original lambda plug is. So i can sort running the cars ecu on the lc-1.

g60heaterboxfittedlc1ports222091.jpg

g60heaterboxfittedlc1ports222092.jpg

The lc-1 has an input and output lead for connecting a lap top etc...Ive run them to the place where the abs fault code cables are, they sit nice and tight and will bolt up as per original under the gear lever gaitor.

g60heaterboxfittedlc1ports22209.jpg

Also did another repair on the heater box...corrado owners probably know about the 'wobble' you normally have between the heater box and the ducting for the middle vents. Its just because the foam inbetween is tired. I left it on there but saturated it in spray adhesive, then cut an oblong piece of industrial carpet and clamped them together and bolted together as per original. No wobble/gaps at all now! Forgot earlier pics to show it better.

g60heaterboxfittedlc1ports222093.jpg

I bloody well don't, im knackered :lol: Passed being hungry and passed being tired, know what i mean? :scratch:

PS:Simon, 3rd pic up from bottom...blue arrow...just for you mate. Resistor pack. :wink:

Got the dash thrown in at dinner time today...

g60dashboardrefitted23209.jpg

And tonight ive got the carpet/center console back in...wahoooo!

g60carpetfitted242091.jpg

Under the gear lever gaitor, you can see the lc-1 wideband input/outputs...

g60carpetfitted242092.jpg

g60carpetfitted24209.jpg

Neil.

wow, just read it from where i last did, lots and lots of time and effort gone into this mate! big up yourself seriously! there was something about your number plate idea that i really liked but i like it more with the black mesh in :D