Riley

Late Black G60

Cheers mate...I've never been a believer in that myself. Do what you want to do mate, My fave wheel of all time is a 9x16 borbet a with a black center...I could have gone for bbs etc...but i went for what i always wanted and i wouldn't have it any other way. It may not get 'scene' credit like others do, but it looks exactly how i want it to :salute:

And how many corrado's will you see on the road that look similar? :salute:

Im actually in two minds about selling it after having a think about all the time, money, effort i've put into it over the past 5-6 years.

Don't sell it! Your Corrado is an inspiration.

one of my favourite rados you should keep it :grin:

mate, dont sell this, tbh would you not love it to have an r32 beast in it, you planned for what you wanted this like and now just to let someone go and claim its theirs for all your work.... seems a waist...

but i can see the point in the fact youl probably not own it forever or itl get smashed up... aha..

Enit, i agree also do that you want mate, i want borbets with a polished center i saw this and was asuming one day youd polish the centers, you now saying you wont made me a wee happier but tbh there so many cars with so any wheels its not about wheels anyone can put a set of wheels and coilovers on a car, its about subtle little mods like them lights in the dash that make it sweet, their the jobs that take it out of you too so make the most of it whilst you have it i supose, bit deep for a car but think how much of your life you spent doing it.

I waist my life daily on my car and it looks wank as i cant put expensive wheels on it cant afford to pay people to do stuff for me or the tools to do evrything i need, i do it all my self and its effort, so respect mate blatently took alot of effort (monetery and phisyical)

i reacon this is the nicest corrado ive seen for not being kept in a garage for its whole life.

and seems a good time to sell tbh, 190kers going for like 1900 so id imagine you could get a few bob...

Just keep check on ebay or bang it up as buy not etc for a while see what offers you get...

Thanks for the kind comments and the input mate. It is all the little details that make it a bit different and i think...i enjoyed doing them all, like the gear change lights you mention, amongst the other silly bits.

I've taken the step of buying some sebring wheels for it, im gonna sell it without the borbets, just because they no longer make them and it took me two weeks to paint the centers black after buying them brand new.

Not really sure what to ask for it.

id say look at others at the tie and jsut bang it up for around what tohers have, id imagine theil buy yours first....

Black- smart paint, subtle mods, smart wheels etc etc....

And the fact this build thread shows the attention you showed it through out the time of ownership so id asume theyd appreciate a car thats had care....

Aye i'll keep my eye on prices...Unsure what to do at the moment. And to be honest, the advert would be pretty big to cover everything so maybe i can't be arsed writing it out :lol:

Just got back from viewing a second R32. 8 hour journey, £150 quid in diesel, £15 quid hpi check all for nothing. :bad-words:

Looks like the rado is lingering for a bit longer...

Had my heart set on a tornado red mk4...But been looking for months now, and each one i've seen hasn't been as described, and they all seem to have problems.

Boo!

Well i still own this thing, never really got around to advertising it properly.

A guy in a van caught the front bumper...scuffed the corner of it. :censored:

Some recentish pics...

speedbumps5.jpg

speedbumps3.jpg

speedbumps6.jpg

speedbumps4.jpg

And then up to date...

On the sebrings now, changed them all over in the damn snow.

It's currently losing 1L of water every two days, not sure where from, possibly water pump AGAIN. Already replaced it twice. :censored: :ignore: Can't really be bothered sorting it at the minute, so if it overheats then so be it. More important things on my mind.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1211.snc4/156375_10150346845235570_533370569_15950836_6399372_n.jpg

Neil.

Edited by Riley

Kinda feels weird not updating with mods or fancy new pics...:scratch: But I'm going to recommission the car at some stage, just running it and using it these days.

Been running it on the sebrings since the snow!!! The borbets have knackered tyres now anyway. Oh...and it went straight through MOT on Friday!

156375_10150346845235570_533370569_15950836_6399372_n.jpg

I bought 4 new tyres, but instead of going for the usual Toyo's/Dunlops which wear out just too quick i've gone for some Event WL905. Decent tread pattern, decent handling wet or dry and look really good when fitted on the borbets. (Already got some on the silver borbets)

Neweventtyres20112.jpg

Neweventtyres20113.jpg

Who knows when I'll get em fitted/find someone to fit em :scratch: Really can't find the time or be bothered lately! 6 borbets and only the two silver ones have good tyres.

Neweventtyres20111.jpg

Have you checked your stat housing? they warp pretty quick.

I'll be doing that on the Golf soon, after robbing the near-new parts off the Plum's engine.

Aye, all seems fine there thanks mate. I can't for the bloody life of me find where it's leaking. It leaves a patch when parked overnight over at the pump/charger side but I just can't tell where from. Found some staining on the block so had a look at the hoses and replaced a couple of hose clips (Instead of the standard vw type) but the leak goes on! lol.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm having a similar problem, I can actually see water dripping once I've pulled up from around the bottom right hand side of the radiator, maybe just behind it. I havnt had a chance to look at it properly yet but could it be a hose or clip broken or loose? Not sure where to look for the stat housing, are any of these parts available from dealers of GSF or the like? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

That may be the fan switch? or the bottom hose clip?

Hit a bit of a milestone.

rado2011160k2.jpg

rado2011160k.jpg

And a decent pic for old times sake, or at least when it was looking good!

corradog60.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Got some bits for the Corrado. Feels like it's been so long since I posted a positive update :cheers:

It's really been run into the ground and it's about time I got it back up to scratch, just gonna be a time issue with work and the new house etc but I'll try me best.

First batch of bits from AVS car parts. House project minus £130 :bonk:

Air filter, oil filter, oil, w6dpo spark plugs, main charger belt, power steering belt, top mounts and fittings.

Have got another batch of bits waiting to be picked up from the dealers too, water pump etc.

House project minus £220 :bonk:

rado2012.jpg

And a couple more pics for old times sake...

DSCN3010.jpg

6.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

JUST about managed to pick the bits up from Vw today.

Coolant.

Water pump.

Pump elbow.

Elbow bolts/washers and seal.

Bonnet cable - £35 quid!!!

Bonnet cable nipple.

Thermostat.

Fuel filter.

Various nuts/bolts inc a bolt to replace the snapped one I had to get the hack saw on.

The brand new bonnet cable proceeded to snap before even getting the bonnet shut! Sorted another one which is all fine.

rado2012bits.jpg

And I somehow lost the gear pattern off the top of my custom gearknob so I treated it to a new one along with a red leather gaitor I had made.

redgaitorledgknob1.jpg

And it lights up of course...Doesn't show very well/red on the pic though.

redgaitorledgknob2.jpg

redgaitorledgknob3.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Water pump etc all fitted, no more coolant leak.

As for the suspension side of things, well I have new stuff on the way as the Konigsports are knackered, utter crap! :shrug:

Thanks for the kind words. :thumbleft: I'm glad somebody likes it! haha!

Think I'm pretty much decided on sticking with it now for a good few years to come. I've just put too much time, effort and money into it to get rid.