Sign in to follow this  
sefton

Are genuine VW part a lot better than aftermarket products?

I have just bought a Radiator from German & Swedish for my 16v C they charged me £45+VAT but VW price was £129.72!!!

Will VW Radiator be any better than the aftermarket one I bought? if so how much better?

Where do you lot get your parts from?

Dont get me wrong I'd like to keep it all original gear but its just to costly for me!

Especially when I have to pay close to £300quid for a new head gasket, sump gasket and to fit the radiator on Wednesday, oh yeah and £680 for some new wheels before Christmas!

Tar!

Sefton

VW OEM part are always as good if not better than the original parts as vw update the parts as time goes on.

After market parts may be better, may be worse, but you have to know what your buying.

No, VW radiators are made by Valeo, as are the G&S ones. VW parts are not as good as they used to be for older cars. Especially on plastic trim parts where the original stamps and machine tools have worn out. I bought some big bumpers from VW for my MK2 in 2001 and they were so poor in quality, I took them back. They looked like they'd been thrown around the warehouse and were warped, absolute shite.

To be honest, Milton Keynes should hold a massive yard sale and sell off all remaing Mk1, MK2, & Corrado stock on the cheap, but they won't due to the huge profit they make on them through the dealers.

I need some new outer window seals but I am not paying £53 each for them.

Kev

94 VR6