Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Next mod...PSD Stand-alone oil Supply

Hello all

Im looking at what the next mod on my '91 C G60 should be. I have had the charger done to stage 4 and have new exhaust etc. I am looking for a mod that will improve the life and realiabilty of the engine before I start on any real perfomance upgrades (like chip, pulley etc).

I was looking at PSD stand alone oil supply and seems a pretty good thing to have. Has anyone put on of these in? Are they simple to do? I do have some mechanical experience and dont mind getting my hands dirty but dont want to go at something that requires any deal of knowhow as i will prob wreak the charger or something! :oops:

Is there any other mods you guys could recommend before doing that?

Cheers

Rich

Golf G60 Intercooler! It's expensive but worth every penny, the engine pulls so much smoother than before.

Also agree with the oil cooler!

I'd fit an oil cooler before a stand alone oil supply.

Then chip it.

The engine will lap it up with no worries.

Gavin

Thanks guys, an oil cooler it looks like next (once the new Lambda, audioscape door pods have gone in) mod.

ahhhhhh the elusive golf G60 intercooler, keeping an eye on the forge motorsport FMIC thread as I think thats a more realistic option. 8)

I'm currently in talks with a local radiator/intercooler fabricator who is having a good look at my Golf G60 intercooler with a mind to making a few the same size/shape up...

anyone be interested?

would be interested too, dependant on price or im just gonna take the plung and buy a golf rallye one

B4LJX, Golf Rallye one isn't a straight fit - lower pipe outlet is too big - needs work to make it fit. Golf G60 one has slightly different pipe outlets & "more or less" drops straight in.