Sign in to follow this  
COR VR

Sebring backbox?

A friend of mine has offered me a 4'' round Sebring back box for my standard VR6, just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with Sebring?

I was thinking of mating it to a S/S CAT back system from powerflow or getting the link pipes from supersprint. What do you think?

I'm more interested in the sound it'll make rather than any gain in power.

Cheers fellas/ladeez.

Sebring is a quality make... VERY expensive new... :|

No idea how loud it'll be though...

Always been synonomous with quality. They are also quite quiet I believe due to stringent laws on the continent regarding noise.

I have a Sebring on my golf, its fairly old now, at least 6 years, its still perfect, it is a bit loud but it replaced the two boxes on the back of my golf. If you are going to fit a middle box with it it’ll probably be a lot quieter.

Yep it's Stainless, brand new. Can't wait to hear the VR6 howl through it.

I may get the rest of the system done at the same time as fitting, cat back Stainless steel from powerflow. What would you guys recommend? I don't want it too loud, but I want it to bark when I boot it.

Just try the Sebring on the standard exhaust for the moment as it's usually the back box that has the biggest influence on the exhaust note and volume anyway.....if it's too loud with just the Sebring tacked onto the OE pipes....you can guarantee it will wake the dead with non VAG pipes!

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but when I went to a Powerflow dealer near me (MMV Performance in Stirling), the guy I spoke to wasn't even interested in trying to match up their exhaust to the back box I had in mind. It was all-Powerflow or nothing!

I believe his answer was, "We're not engineers, we're exhaust fitters."

Wouldn't exactly class it as engineering myself...

Flippin Ugly Crazy Kryptonite. take the first letter of each word, HIM! engineers rock, I am in college going to be one. Tell him to shove off. exhaust people are mangy anyway