Sign in to follow this  
jimbobbalooba

Anybody know how to remove and replace a rear quarter panel?

I have a G60 in need of some repair (Rear q Panel). I've found a breaking car with a perfect panel ready for removal but i've never done this before. The car is off the road so it doesn't matter with regard to time scale but how the hell do i start this off?

Where do i cut the old panel off the donar and where do i attach it to my car? What type of welding is required? ( I can spot weld but thats about it)

Any help would be much appreciated.

For future reference and to aid the site i will take pictures as i go for anyone else who requires the info.

Thanks

This is definitely not a diy job. If the quarter panel needs to be replaced you'll have to take the car to a good bodyshop to get it done.

Thankfully I think I'm gonna be ok, I didn't hear from you, thought you probably weren't looking any more.

Not right now mate,I thought you would have got rid of this no problems though?

You had alot of interest?

Thankfully I think I'm gonna be ok, I didn't hear from you, thought you probably weren't looking any more.

Not right now mate,I thought you would have got rid of this no problems though?

You had alot of interest?

Tonnes of interest but from people who knew nothin about corrados. The last bloke said the dent would cost a grand to fix (when i have a quote from not the cheapest person in the world for £300), and brought along the 'know it all mate' saying "ooh the wheel bearing sound like they're on their way out", just buy trying to move the tyre. I'm pretty sure that anyone who knows anything about cars knows that you cannot check bearings whilst the weight of the car is on the wheels, it's difficult enough when the cars jacked up..... anyway... there i go again. People just rub me up the wrong way sometimes and it p*sses me right off.

On the up side i get to keep the car which means i get to sort the charger with a stage four conversion now which i'm looking forward to.

any ideas of cost?? Be gentle

It won't be a cheap job. I've no idea of prices for this kind of work in the uk but I'm sure someone will know.

with a corrado the inner structure behind the quarter paner is serious!!

it is very very strong

to remove a second hand quarter panel from a donor car you need to cut it on the car side of the seams and then trim back the panel, i wouldnt recomend this as a new panel will fit better and be less hassle

as for getting it fitted, you need someone good with bodywork, but the corrado is stronger than other cars so its less likely to get out of allignment when you cut off the panel