Sign in to follow this  
Dennis.be

I bought myself a camshaft & adjustable cam pulley...

Hey guys, I've bought myself a "faster" camshaft and an adjustable cam pulley for my G60. On this moment has the car a 68mm puley and RS chip installed, the G-lader give's about 1.1 bar pressure.

Nokkenas.JPG

Tandwiel.JPG

The engine has a new cilinderhead (type P), a small intercooler and an exaust with only a Remus damper at the end.

What is the maximum horsepower I could reach up with this camshaft and campulley?

Spec's of the camshaft => http://www.catcams.be/800x600/prod01Ada ... 76502xx.js

You would probably get between 8-12bhp from the cam, but it will move the powerband higher up the rev range.

You should also get the car set up on a rolling road to map the car properly to realise the gains these cams can offer you. Some porting work (manifolds and exhaust side on the head) will also help to release a few more ponies from the cams.

A custom chip is also on the list, but the chip that I'm driving suports this cam, but it wil not give that some of extra power. The head is one with bigger in en outletchanels, they sey that porting overkill is at this moment.

First thing to do change your fpr as i see must be the 3.0 bar right?

Second thing to do get your cam full advanced to reduce the "lag effect" of this cam.

Also take a look at your A/F ratio :wink:

Cheers

nikosg60, that depends on what FPR the chip was written to work with... :| If it was written for a 3bar FRP, then sticking in a 3.5 will simply mess up the fuelling... :roll:

Yes of course thats right.I agree.But anyway it seems that his chip right now isn't setup at the correct a/f ratio, thats why in the meantime it is better to be rich than be lean :wink:

If you see he has Green injectors so together with the 3.0 bar fpr i wouldn't say it runs rich at 1.1 bar of boost.Probably is alrady lean i believe.

The green injectors could be used up to 220hp, here in the Benelux are more people with these modifications and stil running on the green injectors. If you go higher than 220hp, then you could have a problem, you should replace the green ones with grey injectors and also change the ECU unit with a chip for this setup.

The engine runs at this moment to rich, the chip I've got is forsee for this mods, but it isn't ideal. I'm looking for a big intercooler, not a Golf G60 or a Rallye, but an intercooler that should be placed outside the frontbumper. After this mod, I'm goin' for a custom chip.

An A/F meter is ordered and I hope to have it next week.