Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

passenger mirror not adjusting

since ive had the car its not worked from the electric adjuster i took the door cards off to do sound deadening and thought better sort it before i seal the doors up! ive opened the plugs up and given them a wiggle! the mirror now makes a relay like clicking noise but thats it and only when i tyy to move it up or down so there power there can i get another motor out of a spare mirror so i dont have to get it sprayed? and are they different L+R? or could it be the swtch thats faulty? so many things to fix im sure ill get to the end one day!!

spray WD40 behind the mirror glass and leave it to soak for a little while, then try it again... The clicking means that it has power and that the switch is working OK, it's just either jammed or the motors are dead (less likely)

is the relay for the mirrors on the pass side as i can hear the same clicking regardless of the side im trying to adjust still only makes anoise up and down not side to side although the drivers mirror operates on all planes

Have same problem will try the WD-40. Also the drivers mirror will adjust sometime, but on on only on Tuesday before 10pm when there is a ful moon,

billinjahg60, miles exactly the same, clicks on the drivers side yeah? tried wd40 but no joy

havent pull the door cards off yet, but it is realy annoying

mine still doesnt work doesnt heat either!?

new mirror glasses then..............best wait til you win the lottery before sorting them out btw