Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

About to order new rims for the 17" BBS RS's, how wide?

currently ET33 7.5" wide. need new rims.

I was going to salvage 2 of them and just take the rears out to 8.5" but no I've seen a few german cars running wider rims and they look absolutely amazing.

so, dare I push for 9 or 9.5" on the back and 8"s or even cheeky 8.5"s up front??

Price is not much difference, they are about £100 each from Image, but I have to get it right first time.

post up any pics of widened ones if you have any, especially if you kow the size of the rims.

currently ET33 7.5" wide. need new rims.

I was going to salvage 2 of them and just take the rears out to 8.5" but no I've seen a few german cars running wider rims and they look absolutely amazing.

so, dare I push for 9 or 9.5" on the back and 8"s or even cheeky 8.5"s up front??

Price is not much difference, they are about £100 each from Image, but I have to get it right first time.

post up any pics of widened ones if you have any, especially if you kow the size of the rims.

8" & 9" if your going to drive it hard, 8.5 & 9.5 if you want to drop jaws.

these will be show wheels, I have other wheels for hard driving and track use.

I don't want them poking past the arches either. I think my arches are pulled ever so slightyl wider than yours though lee, so I might be able to get away with rims the same size as yours.

these will be show wheels, I have other wheels for hard driving and track use.

I don't want them poking past the arches either. I think my arches are pulled ever so slightyl wider than yours though lee, so I might be able to get away with rims the same size as yours.

Mine are 1" out of the arches :lol:

tough.jpg

they do look very nice... is that a pic of the UPS C in it's early days (before the porsche rims) - looks brown to me?

I wouldn't go for too wide a dish or the offset would be mad. I would think no more than an extra inch on the dish ie 1.5" which gives an 8.5x17 wheel with an offset of ET 21 will be wide enough, they would look cool and have a deep enough look to them without compromising handling or fit.

This is a pic of some 15s I had with 1.5" dish, works for me :)

I think body coloured centres would look cool too.

1780.jpg

OSV, what size is the outer rim on the rs301? i dint know how they were measured, ie from the bit that sticks out of the face of the wheel or the total width of the dish

half inch, its the fact it curves back in which adds to the illusion of it looking a little deeper.

phatty and bbs split rims??????this is a strange turn of events :)

"Timeless? tasteless more like, they are f*cking awful wheels."

"Nope, all BBS RM's and RS are minging, in any size."

:lol: :wink:

phatty and bbs split rims??????this is a strange turn of events :)

"Timeless? tasteless more like, they are f*cking awful wheels."

"Nope, all BBS RM's and RS are minging, in any size."

:lol: :wink:

I thought Phat had porsche wheels?

I don't intend to keep them, I still don't really like them, unless they are black and with wider rims, which is what I'll be doing with these.

They were cheap, and when refurbished, they will be worth a mint, I couldn't not buy them.

I do have porsche wheels (2 sets actually!) but I'm having to have custom made hubs due to their offset.