Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

German plate stickers

At N/R on Weds I noticed a mk2 Golf with german plates but he also had the TUV/emissions/local area stickers as well...

Short of going over to the motherland, any idea how I could get hold of some? Have already tried Googling it for images and have managed to find a couple of jpegs but they're not current, or very good resolution...

Cheers!

Sorry to go OT but, isnt that the cover from the DJ Shadow album Endtroducing as your avatar...?

Henny, cheers mate, am in the process of ordering some thanks to your link!

jimsG60, yeah it is - the man is the reason that i spent £6k on a home studio and started attempting to make tunes myself... shadow is the don... :notworthy:

Es ist ein Passat sache - Sie würden nicht verstehen!

Sorry to go OT myself, but couldn't resist pointing out that it should be:

"Es ist eine Passat-Sache - Sie würden das eh nicht verstehen!"

Interesting site, shame again, that they can't spell Niedersachsen, Baden-Württemberg, they spelt Bayern correctly :lol:

Tempest

that is one cooool website... I'm gonna make me some special german plates hehehe

Sorry to go OT myself, but couldn't resist pointing out that it should be:

"Es ist eine Passat-Sache - Sie würden das eh nicht verstehen!"

Really? I got this translation from one of my company's German distributors that I'm friendly with so was pretty sure it's correct! :D Always happy to be corrected though!

BTW, couldn't believe how expensive those stickers are on eutags.com! £42 for two Stadt stickers plus the TUV and emissions stickers! :shock: Think I'll wait and see how good quality my German plates from Dubmeister are before ordering 'em...

Do you think there would be more chance of getting pulled with the stickers on? They will be more noticeable at night as they won’t reflect...

I'd have thought that having German plates would be borderline but the stickers may just send you over the edge...

Just have a German driving licence like me, learn to speak German like a native, have your steering wheel on the correct side (i.e. left hand side :lol:), and you shouldn't have any problems with the coppers and the following polite phrase: "Was wollen Sie? Ich verstehe leider kein Englisch.", and you should be OK with your fake German plates and stickers :lol:

Tempest

I was going to make up some german plates under berlin or something then get the tuv stickers... would look good for shows...

Do you think there would be more chance of getting pulled with the stickers on? They will be more noticeable at night as they won’t reflect...

I'd have thought that having German plates would be borderline but the stickers may just send you over the edge...

I just got my plates in from dubmeister and im happy as larry, on a side note there is a boy up here with a mk2 golf and he had the full hog german plates with stickers on and the cops pulled him, took him to court and nailed him for £150, so i fully agree with the statement

"having German plates would be borderline but the stickers may just send you over the edge..."

Dont want to push it too far eh :?

Cool, cheers for the advice... Have had my plates on order from Dubmeister for over three weeks now :( apparently they're still waiting for the plates to come in from their German supplier...

I would love to get german number plates but i'm worried that this may attract unwanted attention- you know what some people are like :evil: (not sure people is the correct word to use tho) :roll:

I would love to get german number plates but i'm worried that this may attract unwanted attention- you know what some people are like :evil: (not sure people is the correct word to use tho) :roll:

Someone did try to halfinch mine once as they had pull one side and started to loosen it, I obviously got back to the car in the nick of time! :mad:

Ive got the Autohaus Wolfsburg Hotz und Heitman ones on the S3 at the mo. And before anyone says anything theyve been passed down the generations of german metal ive owned and as the Campaign has the orignal Stealer plates they got donated to the Audi evn though theyre not strictly true I like em. :D

Someone did try to halfinch mine once as they had pull one side and started to loosen it, I obviously got back to the car in the nick of time! :mad:

Ive got the Autohaus Wolfsburg Hotz und Heitman ones on the S3 at the mo. And before anyone says anything theyve been passed down the generations of german metal ive owned and as the Campaign has the orignal Stealer plates they got donated to the Audi evn though theyre not strictly true I like em. :D

I was thinkin more the whole german animosity thing... does anyone remember a german/england football match years ago , not sure whether it was world cup or what but a VW(or audi) got trashed after the game cos it was german....harsh! :roll:

I was thinkin more the whole german animosity thing... does anyone remember a german/england football match years ago , not sure whether it was world cup or what but a VW(or audi) got trashed after the game cos it was german....harsh! :roll:

I can remember a news story about a Paediatrician getting her house trashed some years ago when Paedophiles were the flavour of the week. The world is full of dumb-arses.

After Ze Germans dumped the English out of Euro 96 on penalties ( :lol: ) a Russian student got beaten to a pulp by some England fans because he "looked German".

That is the exact reason I keep holding back on German plates for mine. Such a shame as really look nice. After any german/english tie I also make sure the car is away in the garage.

Some real dumb people out there, spoiling it for the rest of us. :mad:

After Ze Germans dumped the English out of Euro 96 on penalties ( :lol: ) a Russian student got beaten to a pulp by some England fans because he "looked German".

I was working as a bar manager at the time of that match and we had everyone in the pub, I was more worried about my Bright Red Mk2 golf parked out the back with DEUTCHCAR written across the back window in big white letters! :roll:

Right, I just phoned Dubmeister regarding my german plates, and whilst I was on the phone I happened to mention about the Stadt/plakette stickers that places like eutags.com do. Apparently they'll be starting to do replica ones from about April, and should only be about £10-15 for a full set of four, instead of £42 from eutags! :)

technically if you are going to use stickers shouldn't use also have a '-' in the middle of the plate as well?

the more I think about doing this the less point I can see in it... German plates do look good but if you go the whole hog with stickers etc then they may as well be 100% accurate (which would also mean the rear plate needs to be white) and have the dash...

of course this would then make driving with them on your car very dodgy and a cop magnet, so show use only... hmmm, best keeping things simple IMHO

Sorry, in geek mode this morning and just found an interesting site on the German number plate font - v interesting

usefuldesign

edit: just found out that not all german plates have a hyphen