Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

Flashed by police..

Coming back from London on the M4 this evening, I may have allegedly been doing just over 100mph. I was in the middle lane as I had just overtaken a car. A police car came bombing up behind me and flashed the blues, so I slowed down ready to pull over, thinking my licence was about to expire and he turned off the lights, overtook me and kept going!?!

I'm still confused, my thinking is i was just very very lucky and it was a warning, but I don't know if there's a possibility they may have video'd me or something and i am screwed?

any ideas?

Sounds like they were too busy or couldnt be bothered stopping you, so gave a flash to slow you down then went on there way.

I'd take it as a warning. I'm pretty sure if they had you on video you'd have been stopped and given the opportunity to watch the offending footage. He may have been just about to nick you when news of a *real* crime came on his radio and he felt the need to attend.

Lucky man I'd say!

Chill dude, if they didnt pull you over there and then they had other matters to deal with. If they stop you in a car they need to show you the evidence there and then before they can prosecute, so really you can rest easy.

def a warning

if they video'd u, u woulda been stopped read your rights given a producer and be told that you will hearing from a court in 28 days

u lucky fecker

i swear to god,ive had the same thing happen about 8 years ago,exact same scenario :!: :shock:

in my first car,a nova :lol:

nothing ever came of it for me,i hope and think its probably the same for you m8 :)

When he got close he realised you were in a Corrado, chilled and let you go. :cheers:

Seriously as mentioned above, they have to stop you etc, so you got off.

dont they have to be able to follow you for a certain distance to be able to get a decent average on vascar? maybe you slowed down enough to drop the average speed down to a legal speed, either way you got away with it

na chill i was in my friends c and we blipped it down a this small dual carig.. we mostly deffinately hit 110 and when we got to the end only about a mile long my mate came out with oh fu*k have a look behind us and there proud and big was a volvo fully up the rear bumper, where he came from no idea, we slowed to 60 and they followed and followed over took and went on there way we were very lucky :D

Looks like i'm a lucky boy then! I guessed that it was just a warning, but i've not had enough dealings with the police to be sure. I'm starting a new job tomorrow, which requires having a car so i was stupid to be driving as fast as i was.

i've had this mate, i can only assume they were on a call or just taking the pi**

if they were going to do anything they would have there and then

also had this on the a55 , a car driving really close , drop a cog up to 120 mph on come the blue lights , heart pounding like an epilleptic elbow and he cruises past........

caught him up tho :-)

just having fun on his way home i reckon

lucky escape! They would have pulled you as everyone has said... Just take it as a close escape and remember 100mph is for private roads (cough)...

When he got close he realised you were in a Corrado, chilled and let you go. :cheers:

normally they pull u over to have a better loook at it then do u coz their jealous :lol:

Yup, lucky. Had a similar experience in my Mk1 Rocco, that I took out last March (as it was my birthday :lol:) for a good spin on the 3-lane A46 leading out of Coventry. Saw this Jag in my rear view wanting to overtake, went to the middle lane, slowed down a bit, only to relaise that he didn't want to overtake. Ultimately he did, revealing that heart-aching text "P O L I C E" along the side of his Jag, but I had already slowed down for quite some time, he just stayed in front of me for a bit more (having given me a good look at whilst slowly passing me - you could see his "Gosh, that's a nice Mk1 Rieger-Rocco"-look in his face :lol:), and ultimately turned off onto the M40 :-)

Tempest

birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!!! u should never go driving on your birthdays...i got caught on mine last april and ended getting banned :mad:

Yup, definately a warning, I had exactly the same thing a while back in my Passat, I was travelling from Oxford to York (2.5 hours *ahem*) and had just joined the A1/M1 link bit south of the A64 turn-off when an unmarked people carrier with lights in the grille came up very quickly behind me, inched past giving me evil looks and then sped off...

Now I only use a pace car :-)