Sign in to follow this  
ANDY16V

Gaitor and gear knob

I basically need a new gaitor and gear knob- both badly worn, i checked the stealers out and they want 135 squid for a new gaitor :shock: and 50 pund for a new gear knob!! i've heard somewhere a company GSF or something similiar do them cheaper, is this true and if so do they match up well to the genuine items????

cheers guys :)

Andy, I've got an original black leather gaitor (complete with silver "karmann" badged black surround) & black leather gear knob from my H reg 16v which I swopped for a similar later set-up. All in very good condition, £20 + P & P (probably about £4), if you are interested send a pm or email.

i checked the stealers out and they want 135 squid for a new gaitor and 50 pund for a new gear

I think you mis-heard them mate - the gaitors are £35 and the knobs are £15, with discount both can be had for less than £50 inc.

i checked the stealers out and they want 135 squid for a new gaitor and 50 pund for a new gear

I think you mis-heard them mate - the gaitors are £35 and the knobs are £15, with discount both can be had for less than £50 inc.

:shock: Seriously if that was the case i would have snapped his arm off!!

i remember because he brought it up on his computer screen synthetic gaitor was 80 something quid and leather 135, are you talkin about a leather one and please could you give me your dealers number!!!

http://www.gpcvwaudi.com do the leather knob for about £20 and the gator for a little more... Give 'em a ring (don't email 'em 'cos they're pants with computers! ;) ) and see what they say... 8)