Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

MK4 Golf brake calipers - Part no.s required

Just a quick question?

Will any MK4 Golf rear brake caliper fit onto the Corrado rears? Are they all the same across the Mk4 range?

Thanks

You don't want the later MK4 vented setup (GT TDI, 4Motion etc) although that would be nice if you can suss out how to fit them! You just need the common or garden early ones.

Can someone with ETKA let me know the part no.s for the rear mk4 Golf calipers that fit please??

Thanks

Stu, get Mike's mate /\

They'll defo fit. If not, all you need are Pre 2001 calipers i.e. non 150 TDI/4Motion/180bhp GTI

There's only 2 setups - 239mm solid disc or 256mm vented disc. I think you should do the latter anyway and be the first on the forum :D

I was looking at those /\ , but I can get a pair from a breakers for £40, they made a mistake on the quote, and said they would do them for £40, which is saving me £35! I just need part no.s to make sure I get the right ones!

Sorry Mike Edwards, if they hadn't made the mistake, I would have got them off you :(

Besides Kev, I'm not that good at DIY on my C yet to look at fitting the bigger 256mm ones, although it'd be pretty cool to be the first on the forum to do it! 8)

Oh, and I've just spoken to my cambridge stealers and they wont give me the part numbers :mad:

I don't have Ekta at work otherwise I could tell you in a flash.... Ask the breaker what MK4 they came from. At that price, I'm guessing they're the early, non 256 variety.