Sign in to follow this  
roo

Bin the K-Jet?

Someone briefly mentioned this in a post a while back and I'm trying to get some more info on it.

I have a 9A block with KR head that i'm rebuilding at the mo and what i'm wondering is wether it would be a relatively straight forward swap to ditch my K-Jet in favour of a Golf Mk3 16V injection system.

Any thoughts would be appreciated chaps :)

Cheers.

Ok then, sounds like good 'ol K-Jet wins the day again!. I'm quite surprised though as I expected a newer system to perform better, perhaps it's like comparing records to CD's...

K jet is a LOT more responsive than the MK3 Golf injection system so I'd keep it too.

I have a MK3 16V and the throttle response on that is razor sharp just like a MK1 GTI. The 8Vs are a bit laggy IMO.

Gavin

I've just bought a 2l 16v and may be going Mk3 digifant route but most probably will go the Mega Squirt route.

K-jet is adequate and simple to set up, but I may be going FI later so will need a system to cope with it.

Someone briefly mentioned this in a post a while back and I'm trying to get some more info on it.

I have a 9A block with KR head that i'm rebuilding at the mo and what i'm wondering is wether it would be a relatively straight forward swap to ditch my K-Jet in favour of a Golf Mk3 16V injection system.

Any thoughts would be appreciated chaps :)

Cheers.

Mk 3 16v system has a major advantage in that it's mappable and as a result it is possible to get better power, torque and fuel economy... in theory anyway.

In reality the K-jet is reliable, feels responsive and works very well, plenty of 170bhp+ 2.016v's running on K-jet.

The major disadvantage in changing from K-jet, apart from potential cost of replacing components that break in the future, is the changes to the cars wiring etc required, could end up being a major headache.

For the record, (on K-jet)I've gone from 1.8 to 2.0 (on 2 different engines) and from standard head to ported and polished and different exhausts and manifolds and all I've needed to do is tweak the warm up regulator to get it running a bit richer. In fact the money I have saved on not having to have re-maps has more than paid for my new ported and polished head.

David.