Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

If a mk4 tdi has the d and i in red, what bhp is it????

damn, I know I have read that somewhere on mk4 forum, think it's 115,130 % 150's got the red d and I as they have the pump deuse unit injectors.

Just googled and turned this up on Piston Heads..

All chrome 90bhp

Red I 110bhp

Red DI 130bhp

Red TDI 150bhp

HTH :)

I'm sure the 150 diesel is offically badged as a 'GTI'

130 is TDI

110 is TDI

Do they have a full red TDI badge?

That's probably a 150 too...

VW like to confuse us :?

Sounds about right - you could try calling VW though mate - sure they'd be happy to answer some questions for you? :)

Non Pump Deuse

TDI - 90/110

Pump Deuse

TDI - 115

TDI - 130

TDI - 150

thanks kev, I'm looking at the 130bhp ones. I would like a 150 but can't afford one, plus the 130 with a re-map is good for 180bhp+ which should be plenty quick enough for a daily driver...

Yeah the PD engines are the best for tweaking! The 130 is the best unit to go with as it's more drivable than the 150 and quieter. The 150 is quite laggy too....

Non Pump Deuse

TDI - 90/110

Pump Deuse

TDI - 115

TDI - 130

TDI - 150

I don' think that's totally accurate It's more like:

Pre Pump Deuse:

TDI = 90

TDI = 110

Then when the first of the PDs came out in 2000/2001 the 110 was replaced by a PD 115 with a 6 speed gearbox

Then when the PD was introduced across the range in 2002 it was:

TDI - 100 (5 speed gearbox)

TDI - 130 (6 speed)

TDI - 150 (also badged GTI)

Some people change the badging around on them though so if you are in doubt you can check the sticker in the spare wheel well where it should give the power in KW, I think 130 is 96KW.

plus the 130 with a re-map is good for 180bhp+ which should be plenty quick enough for a daily driver...

Yes, yes it should make any car it's in plenty quick... ;) :twisted:

glad this was asked as i saw a fully red tdi badge for the first time yesterday, and was confused as to why, just thought it must be the badge and thought no more lol, now i know.

I don' think that's totally accurate It's more like:

Pre Pump Deuse:

TDI = 90

TDI = 110

Then when the first of the PDs came out in 2000/2001 the 110 was replaced by a PD 115 with a 6 speed gearbox

Then when the PD was introduced across the range in 2002 it was:

TDI - 100 (5 speed gearbox)

TDI - 130 (6 speed)

TDI - 150 (also badged GTI)

Some people change the badging around on them though so if you are in doubt you can check the sticker in the spare wheel well where it should give the power in KW, I think 130 is 96KW.

That's not entirely accurate either as I've driven a 130 PD that was 5 speed, not 6. And I'm pretty sure there wasn't a 100bhp PD engine either. They were 115/130 and 150 only.

And besides, this is just splitting hairs, BiggerBigBen got the answer he needed.

There's definitely a 100PS PD, I've seen them, 74Kw on the sticker in the boot,

The 115 is 85kw, 130 is 96kw (didn't realise they came with a 5 speed 'box)

yea, you would easily notice the difference between a 130 & 150, just by driving them although the 150 does come with a FMIC which is kind of cool, but cpufreak on cupra.net has fitted a FMIC to his Ibiza. Did you listen to the car while it was in neutral? have heard lots of horror gearbox stories thats all. To confuse matters further, I think there was a 115 PD with a 5 speed aswell.

I'm so tempted to get something like an Ibiza 130- and just add Jabba, Cupra intake and miltek= 195bhp +300+ torque, but I've heard they suffer from heat soak, especially when ragging it and anything above 18c which is about 4 months a year in London- so thats a third of a year. But then of course the clutch will wear fairly quickly so will have to go to sachs or somewhere for an upgrade, and don't think the engine mounts will last too long either lol, could be expensive, but I'm very tempted.

There's definitely a 100PS PD, I've seen them, 74Kw on the sticker in the boot,

I stand corrected 8)

The 115 is 85kw, 130 is 96kw (didn't realise they came with a 5 speed 'box)

Yeah my mate had a Bora with sport pack, quite an early PD 130, and that defo only had 5 cogs onboard. Maybe the 6 stirrer was introduced shortly after? You know VW and their constant changes!

and just to throw in another one, my Dad's Leon is a 110bhp PD engine as are all of our company Golfs...

(Dad keeps me away from his Leon now he knows I fancy putting one of the PD engines in J-DUB...)