Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

If a mk4 tdi has the d and i in red, what bhp is it????

well that's it! although I think the miltek is pretty expensive, there is a guy on cupra.net that had 195bhp and 320+ pounds of torue just from the Jabba remap and cupra intake, but of course every engine is slightly different, you may "only see 180+bhp, still, not bad for about 500 quid, lol

hmm,not sure but didn't the polo get a PD 100 too?

Yes the 9N Polo can be had with a 100 brake PD engine.

IF correctly badged an all red TDI badge will be an import 150 brake PD. It was only badged as GTI over here. All red TDI also found on Bora 150 brake PD's. Some of the most popular engine codes for you (in golf IV)

AGR = 90

ATD = 100

AHF = 110

AJM = 115

ASZ = 130

ARL = 150

yea Cupra 160 PD Inlet, think there about £45

right thats the first thing on my shopping list when I get the car! Followed by a re-map, but got to get the corrado finished first :oops:

cool, let us know when you get it, just how good it is etc, so is your 20VT just a side project? is she up and running yet? very interesting, sorry to hijack thread.

I own a bora 1.9 T(red)D (Red)I (dunno how to change text colour :roll:)

its 130bhp and has 6 speeds, and even cruise control!

all that said I still think its a steaming piece of shit. You get absolutely nothing up to about 1500 rpm, then it hits you like a sledgehammer, usually spinning the wheels its so ferocious. then 2000more rpms and its all over.

not bad as a daily driver I suppose, but dont think for one second that they are a performance car. 180bhp or not. In fact I am going to stick my neck out and say that a 180bhp chipped tdi will be spinning the wheels uncontrollably under most accelerative circumstances.

Cracking on mpgs though :D

they definitley take some getting used to, but if you'r doing 20k a year, I think it may be worth the savings. A good suspension set up and tyres will go a fair way to helping with loss of traction too. I still wouldn't even think of selling my C in the next year tho, best car I've ever had.

I've been thinking about this mod for a while... I'm lobbing about 25K miles a year onto my Corrados, so it makes sense to put a TDI in the car and then get a different chip on it... ;) Plus the fact that J-DUB owes me nothing at all (in fact, I'm now in profit from buying her back!) it seems a shame not to try it at least! ;) :lol:

Go for it, a modern diesel engine in a Corrado would work very well (JurgenTDI anyone?). That and I'll buy it from you if you ever decide to sell it :-)

I've been thinking about this mod for a while... I'm lobbing about 25K miles a year onto my Corrados, so it makes sense to put a TDI in the car and then get a different chip on it... ;) Plus the fact that J-DUB owes me nothing at all (in fact, I'm now in profit from buying her back!) it seems a shame not to try it at least! ;) :lol:

Stay off the drugs henny - a tdi has no place what so ever in a corrado. it would be an act of sacralidge to even consider it.

CoxyLaad, I'm actually thinking of putting a G60DI in... ;)

Think TDI minus turbo + G60... ;) :lol: Should be interesting and somewhat different... 8)

I think it would be a brilliant project although very tricky, stick a new 16V PD140 in there and remap it, then it will give a VR a run for it's money although maybe not as satisfying to drive.

16V?!? 8) Woah!

2.0 16VG60DI

That's a bit of a gobfull by anyone's reckoning! :lol: 8)

I dunno about satisfying, but 50mpg will satisfy me nicely! :lol:

I hate to be the eternal pessamist (seem to be doing a lot of that lately)

but I dont think a supercharger will work with a diesel engine.

Yes its official - I sound like an old man

cool, let us know when you get it, just how good it is etc, so is your 20VT just a side project? is she up and running yet? very interesting, sorry to hijack thread.

yes it is running, but without brakes! The C was meant to be a daily driver but things have now changed :( I'm living in London at the mo and there's not a chicken's chance in thailand that I'm taking it there!! Its staying at my parents house until I can find a home for it to live in, i.e a nice garage! :oops:

yea, don't leave that baby out on the street, even if you can't tell whats lurking under the bonnet. Must be pretty rapid tho heh? lol