Sign in to follow this  
paddyg

The wait is over!!!

Hello,

Ive been an almost daily visitor to this site since last summer when the search for my Corrado started. So after months of fustration I'm finally able to post in the members area. I collected my Corrado last weekend. It’s a 1.8 16v, 101k miles, met silver, 5-spoke alloys, all electrics perfect, no sunroof or e/w, bodywork in vgc bar some small shopping trolley dents on the doors, interior in excellent condition also. So here are some pics.

Looking forward to sharing all my problems!!!

Cheers,

paddyg

corrado1.jpg

corrado2.jpg

corrado3.jpg

*mod edit - fixed first pic link for you - Henny*

Welcome aboard mate. We've got quite a few members from Ireland now :wink:

You're lucky to not have a sunroof, but leccy windows I can't live without though.

How about now???

I have the photos in Photobucket, so i just edited the first post and just put the url in straight???

Welcome mate and I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your C.

BTW, Silver is pretty rare - have a look at OSVs avatar to see what a superb silver Corrado can look like.

Yeah they're there now. Looking nice. I think they look cleaner without a sunroof and the shell is more rigid too 8)

I reckon you should colour code the door handles and the side bump strips (or remove them, they're just stuck on) for a nice little modernising tidy up :D

Cheers guys, thanks for the comments.

To be honest, I'm not really into the whole modding scene and I reckon the C is a great looking car as standard. But in saying that I wouldn't mind some bigger wheels (like 'Jims G60's ones) and a 3 bar grille and some other small things Ive seen on various cars here. Did I say I wasnt into modding? :?

Anyways, I think I'll stay put a while and get used to the car and figure out what i really like and dont like fully first!!!

Hello Blue! 92 Rado without elece roof or windows?

odd that. Accepted with the power roof, no bad thing from what I hear, but do you mean you have elece windows but do not work?

or was this car reg new in Ireland and thought they could do without the push button stuff? I know very very early rados did not have elece windows or roof but did not think they did it is late in 92. Was it prehaps manufactured in 88/89 and not reg or re-reg in 92? I think the 1.8 16v was discontinued in 91-92 and replaced in 92 with the new shape 2l 16

Top colour BTW

Tidied up your post there for you.

Car looks very nice - the Corrado wears silver very well :)

Tidied up your post there for you.

Car looks very nice - the Corrado wears silver very well :)

just cos he said he liked your wheels :roll: :roll: :wink:

Storm Classic, I was wondering this as well when i was looking at the car first cos as i understood it, the 1.8 valver was discontinued august '91. But going through the tax book later i saw that the first owner was a garage and they had it for a good while so im thinking it was a showroom car for a while before they registered it or something... It's an Irish car alright from the start! but no e/w at all....

cheers for the fix-up jimsG60, ........ and GIXXERUK your wheels are nice too :lol: :lol: :lol:.

I never actually noticed the bigup for my wheels there GIXXER - I was just being a nice friendly moderator :)

But now i'll say coo and thanks to paddyg - they are only 16" alloys mate, but seem to suit the Corrado well :)

Another Irish Corrado Owner!

Thats a lovely colour alright

As for the age it kinda sounds like it may have been a showroom car.

My 92 g60 has all the late exterior bits

best of luck with it!

Hi rmn, cheers for the comments. Ever been onto vage.ie? someone there spotted your car out and about i reckon...

So where do you source your car parts? :)