Sign in to follow this  
Big-ted

Seatbelt Warning Light

Does anyone have any idea how the seatbelt warning light is activated? Mine never comes on, and, while I know it's a tiny problem, I like these things to work as they should. :) The bulb is definately fine, as it lights with a 9v battery connected directly accross the terminals, so I was thinking it's a sensor somewhere. Trouble is, the owners manual says it's spposed to come on if the door's left open also. Is it likely BOTH sensors have gone or is there a fuse/relay somewhere that I should check?

I've not had one in my old 16v or my current VR?

Never seen one on my mate's motors either - is it merely an option? Might be as rare as Dinkus' old headlight skooshers!

Bizarre! I'll stick a pick up tomorrow, but basically it's in the same block as the ABS warning light. There's three bulbs in there, one is the ABS light, one is to warn you when you're indicating and towing, the other is the seatbelt warning light. I'd say it was from another car (passat etc) and the PO fitted it, but the Corrado owners manual talks about all the above features as well!

Nope. If it wasn't standard equipment, it may just be that the PO fitted one from a Passat or something, and, as my car doesn't have the sensors, naturally the lights will never illuminate?

Judging by the marks around the light, I'd say it's been added.

Probably come from a Passat or something.

It's listed on ETKA but probaly mostly for the american market, what does the midle bit do - is that a trailor warning light?

Looks like it's been replaced at somepoint looking at the screwdriver marks is the photo.

Well, the screwdriver marks may have been my fault, as I've had it appart a few times now, as did the previous owner, but I have alwyays felt it "bulged out" a little more than it should. You can't really see in the pic, but it isn't quite as flush as the blanking plate at the bottom, which looks as though it should be the same shape.

Supercharged, the middle bit is the seatbelt warning light. The left hand light is the ABS light, and the right hand side is a trailer warning light. I'm not sure if this is wired in either. I have had a towbar fitted to my car (the shame) but it's for a bike rack, so I don't have anything to test the electrics out with. I doubt it works....

Out of interest, what is ETKA and how do I use it?