Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

Anyone taken their car to TSR?

I need to take my car in for an uber-service, along with some new engine mounts and a check over the gearshift alignment. Has anyone ever used TSR Performance in Bridgewater? Are they reputable? They're reasonably close to me, which is why i ask.

Cheers!

I'm not too sure what TSR are like now that Tim Styles (racing hence TSR) has retired... the last things I did hear weren't too complimentary... :| You not tempted to have a quick blat over to Stealth racing kangaroo, and to get Vince to have a look over your car? If I had a VR6, that's where I'd go... ;)

Bristols not far and in some peoples eyes Grant Motorsport are the dogs for VR's.

IIRC TSR use Grant for alot of their work.

A lot of the work done to my car by the previous previous owner (brookescourt) was done there, and the car is a solid reliable performer - Vince even said it was a good advert for their work at the last rolling road day.

But hard to say what they are like these days..

Sounds promising, Jim. Even the previous owner of mine said they were good, as he'd had the koni's fitted there. But I hear so little else about them... which worries me a little.

Henny, I am starting to consider Stealth, seeing how everyone raves about them, but its just so far from where I live!! I'd have to make a full day of it, and I'm not sure how much there is to do around Warwickshire...?

Do you think you could give me the details for Grant Motorsport, Storm? Bristol isn't too much further than bridgewater for me. Thanks.

Yeah.. admittedly Stealth is based a little out in the sticks. Southam is a pretty small, boring place so the only thing to do when waiting for work to be done is walk to the garage for snacks and then sit and flick through the pile of VW magazines in the reception area! :(

LOL, I end up clearing out that garage of pasties when I go there :D

As for reading mags in the reception area, sod that....I muck in, LOL!

theres no 'e' in bridgwater!! (bloody zider drinkers!!)

if your going that far, its only another 15 mins on M5 to Stealth, Weston Super Mud, not bristol..

STEALTH Motorsport Engineering

Unit 10 Locking Farm Ind Est Locking Moor Rd Weston-Super-Mare Avon BS24 8PJ

T: 01934 823355

http://www.stealthmotorsportengineering.com/

Or Grant: about 30 mins M5 then 20 across bristol (A4)

http://www.grantmotorsport.com/contact.asp

Any idea how long the work I mentioned above would take to do? I don't mind sitting around and eating pasties at Stealth for a short while, but not if it took all day! There's only so many pasties a man can eat...

Cheers for the info bristolbaron. Looks like I'll have to make a few phonecalls tomorrow.

It'd probably be a day long job to have a major service and have the engine mounts replace allround as well as gearshift twiddling..

Just gotta decide whether you want to sit around that long in Southam really and then drive all the way back to Devon when you are done! :)

If you go to TSR see Graham if he still works there, he used to do all the work on my car.

Grant Motorsport is also worth a call for a VR but not so hot on G60's, very cheap labour rates though.

Hope this helps,

Rob.

theres no 'e' in bridgwater!! (bloody zider drinkers!!)

if your going that far, its only another 15 mins on M5 to Stealth, Weston Super Mud, not bristol..

STEALTH Motorsport Engineering

Unit 10 Locking Farm Ind Est Locking Moor Rd Weston-Super-Mare Avon BS24 8PJ

T: 01934 823355

http://www.stealthmotorsportengineering.com/

Or Grant: about 30 mins M5 then 20 across bristol (A4)

http://www.grantmotorsport.com/contact.asp

Wrong Stealth.. http://www.stealthracing.co.uk up by Oxford

Gavin

If you go to TSR see Graham if he still works there, he used to do all the work on my car.

Grant Motorsport is also worth a call for a VR but not so hot on G60's, very cheap labour rates though.

Hope this helps,

Rob.

sadly graham doesent work there anymore,

adrian is pretty good though,

whereabouts in devon you based then? few rados gathering at ten tors inn newton abbot tomorrow night,,,

If I had a VR then I'd go straight to Stealth. It's worth the day just cos on the reputation they have.

I had a 500mile round trip and stayed awake for 22hours to go to G-Werks, for my charger doing and Golf IC fitting.

olly elworthy, I live down in Torquay. The ten tors meet is a regular thing isn't it? I've got my evening's and weekends clogged up with a project for the next coupla weeks, but definitely when I get it cleared. Whereabouts is the pub?