Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

tsr 4 branch

well got it throu and had a look, and found it reduced down to 2", and the coupling looked pants, so i thought about getting that changed, they also welded the lamda boss on the side, when after fitting it all found the lamda wouldn't fit at all.(hit the tunnel) :mad: , so took it all off again, and had them send me a new boss and blanking plug. so got it all welded up using 2 1/4" tube and flexi and the boss on top., went to fit it tonight, thought i better test the lamda, to make sure its smooth. and it got jammed good and proper. in fact i had to smash the lamda to get it out, and it had stripped the thread off. :mad: :mad: so i thought i'd try the blanking plug they supplied, and it did it to that too. well cheesed off, you'd thought some one like TSR would send the right boss throu, i'm going to phone them tomorrow, ask for a new boss and lamda sensor. !!

rsr in redhill, the powerflow people, how you getting on with all my bits,

fine thanks... give me a ring towards the end of the week 8)

Just out of curiosity,why did you have a flexi joint fitted?

I bought a TSR 4 branch and had a local company make up a boss and weld it to the pipe.

Had no probs fitting it to the car-only needed a small length of pipe to extend the TSR unit to meet the exhaust.

Probably better to get it heat wrapped too.

*EDIT*Assuming that you ARE getting shot of the cat that is :oops: *EDIT*

I am getting the miltek one as Autotechnics said they had to send the last two TSR 4-2-1 exhaust manifolds back!

Edit, they are fitting it next week so I will let you know how that goes.

what sort of money are the supersprint ones?

i know the trs ones are quite pricey, a mate got a magnex one for his mk2 16v and it was perfect, but that kinda messing would drive me mad

JMR (16vg60) do these. They are made by miltek and have the probe correctly positioned and flexible joint. Had mine fitted and ported exhaust manifold at same time. £220 - for the pipe

JMR (16vg60) do these. They are made by miltek and have the probe correctly positioned and flexible joint. Had mine fitted and ported exhaust manifold at same time. £220 - for the pipe

the one in you picture is diferant as these are JUST downpipes on offer not a complete 4 branch manifold. runner lengths etc are changed when changing to a 4 branch manifold so there are more gains to be had than buy just changing the downpipes. :lol:

i got a TSR one fitted perfectly, they just didn't give me enough exhaust wrap so had to order more other than that it's fine

what sort of money are the supersprint ones?
Not sure exactly, but they look the business. Full stainless steel, no nasty welds & they come with a sort of flexible joint to allow a small amount of movement.

Fairly essential to fit a solid aluminium front engine mount, when using this type of front pipe - to limit engine movement.

you don't know the half of it, got the rear vibratech mount in to day and the water pump off.(thought might as well change it while i'm here, it's a bit of a bitch to get off otherwise.), want to get the charger mount acid dipped. coz it's rank looking. any ideas where thou.?

These are "just downpipes" that happen to work exremely well at extracting gasses away from the head and have been very well received by a very large number of customers to date for road and track use. Do not be so fast to condem the OEM manifold once modified and coupled to the JMR front pipe, in this form it provides a very effective 4-2-1 manifold. Furthermore these are not prone to the typical fit and stress fracture problems of a four branch manifold, they as standard come with a flexible joint and are warrantied fo life.

These are "just downpipes" that happen to work exremely well at extracting gasses away from the head and have been very well received by a very large number of customers to date for road and track use. Do not be so fast to condem the OEM manifold once modified and coupled to the JMR front pipe, in this form it provides a very effective 4-2-1 manifold. Furthermore these are not prone to the typical fit and stress fracture problems of a four branch manifold, they as standard come with a flexible joint and are warrantied fo life.

what improvments are these giving over stock compared to a conventional 4 branch ? Does anyone have any dyno figures to show the gains of these downpipes ?

had a 4 branch on my mk1 track car for years it has no flexy joint and has not cracked, i put this down to it being made of mild steel though.

in my opinion a much more suitable material than stainless for the application as it is not so britle and less prone to fracturing, and corriosin is not a problem this far up the exhaust syatem.

only time 4 branches crack (stainless or mild steel) is when they are fitted to a car with engine mounts in a far from servicable condition and an exhaust with worn out hangers, they are good as gold when everything else is in order.

you don't know the half of it, got the rear vibratech mount in to day and the water pump off.(thought might as well change it while i'm here, it's a bit of a b**** to get off otherwise.), want to get the charger mount acid dipped. coz it's rank looking. any ideas where thou.?
Foremost coatings on the hobbs ind estate in east grinstead will be able to do that and he also does powder coating as well!!! If you want his number I'll dig it out for ya