Sign in to follow this  
dnac

Towing with a corrado

Hi, I realise that most of you would not want a towbar anywhere near your rado's but has anyone had any experience with towing with one?. I wanna get myself a G60, but need it to tow a race car and trailer around.

just wondered

cheers

Dnac

I remember there being a thread on this a few months back, might be worth doing a search on here. Cheers

I towed my mate who broke down and it was very scary. Still, with a rigid bar rather than a bit of rope I'm sure it would be a lot better!

I can't remember the company concerned but there was a nice one available for the Corrado that attachs to the rear bumper mounts and IIRC the ball iron comes out under the bumper. Therefore no drilling and chopping of the car required.

I've towed my Mum's car in my C and find they're good towing cars, plenty of torque.

I had a tow ball fitted to mine by Indispension in Reading. I wasn't THAT impressed with the quality of work (they forgot to reconnect one rear light cluster and I'm convinced it's on crooked) but no cutting of the bumper was necessary.

Also worth noting is that they can get removable ones so when you're not towing you don't have this ugly thing sticking out the back, something they only told me about after fitting! :mad:

You can see mine here:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I don't use mine for towing though, just for my bike rack.

My mate bought a pukka VW Corrado towbar. Not sure what he is doing with it though.

' It was on ebay cheap, I had to have it!!!'

'Whatever'

Don't see why it would be a worse tow car than any other. I think a dolly would be better than a trailer due to there being less weight. Might be an issue if you have an off tho.

Gavin

Its illegal to tow with a dolly un less it is for recovery only.

I fitted a tow bar to my golf, and you didnt have to cut the bumper, you cannot see it when the removal ball is removed( its more of a swan neck)

and it cost about 150 quid, the best thing about it, its VW from the dealers!

I can't use a Dolly, cause the car I am towing is not a registered road car, it is a dragster.

I find mine pulls okay, but never too much weight in the trailor, and mines only a 1.8 16V, so a G60 should be fine, you only have to get to 60, so the torque of a G60 should be ideal.