Sign in to follow this  
Bally

That time again, MOT!!!!

Car was booked in at 5.30 only thing i was advised abt was cars on the low side!!!

Had to remove the front spilter so it would get on rollers..

anyway, it PASSED!!!

Cool, doesn't your car just bottom out all the time?? Are muti-storey car parks out of the question? Does it scrape the sump on things? Looks wicked on the RC's !!

Car was booked in at 5.30 only thing i was advised abt was cars on the low side!!!

anyway, it PASSED!!!

Had my MOT two weeks ago. Mine was too low for the roller so the MOT guy just inspected the front bumper carefully and stated the brakes must be fine. Really!!

Bally, nice one mate.

Had my MOT yesterday and it flew thru. Just an advisory on low beam aim on passenger side :D Not bad for a 10 year old car, yours is even older Bally.

I´ve been at MOT today aswell!

All clear since i took this afternoon replacing the ball joints...

After all... It´s a Corrado! :D

mine passed today aswell!!!

"gonna need a new brake line before long!"

is all i got!

so (sorry to steal the thread) Goodrich?? how much, who, where and how hard to fit?

thanx

ben

anyway, it PASSED!!!

Had my MOT two weeks ago. Mine was too low for the roller so the MOT guy just inspected the front bumper carefully and stated the brakes must be fine. Really!!

I'm amazed your car got through its MOT quite honestly lee, what with things like the lack of side repeaters, etc - you must have a very understanding MOT tester :D :)

With regards the braking thing, Tempest said to me that his local MOT garage have some kind of decelerometer for braking tests on cars that are too low to get on the brake testing machine - they need to use it on his Rieger kitted MK1 as its seriously decked. They just take the car out, pile on the brakes and then this gadget will tell you whether the braking force is enough or not. Surprised your place didnt have one of those..?

cheers for the replies guys..

cheers mate, i never take my car multistorey carparks, sumps dont ground out at all..

yeap Dave, myns on a 1991....

must be that time of year.. road tax due end of next month!!

I stupidly took mine to Eaton Square Motors in the smartest area of London , thinking it would sail through... They nailed me for handbrake cables (didn't feel slack at all to me) and charged 160 to do it. Bloody £75 an hour labour.... cheeky bar stewards

hey will, abit of a bummer.. top mounst arent alot.. ask the MOT tester nicely to set the emmisions..

Bally, I got the emmisions sorted out straight away, just needed a little tweak.

Hopefully have everything else sorted out nice a quickly.

My MOT last year was carzy due to having only just got the new engine in!!! :D

Bloody hell is March the MOT month or something. Mine is due in 2 weeks so fingers crossed.

Decided on a "spur of the moment" at luchtime to get it MOT'd and after no prep it passed after only needing a wiperblade. Im well chuffed!!