Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

New HT Leads for 1994 VR6

Anyone point me in the direction of a good quality set of HT leads for 94' VR6 - I'm after direct replacements - no changing connectors etc. Cheers!

magnecor do set that are direct replacement in 7mm 8mm or 8.5mm. I have a set of 8.5mm on order they make them to order so it is a 2 week delivery time. the 7 or 8mm are off the shelf. Ibought a set of magnecours for a previous car back in 1998 and they are still performing well no perishing or breaking down, if you wanted the cheap option then you could go to the local vag stealer and get a set of Quantum leads

Blue igniters from C and R in Nottingham, never had any trouble since fitting them last summer, around £80 delivered for the set of six, plus CCGB discount if you mention it :wink:

Factory VW.

I'll second that....if you can stomach the £120 odd price.

It costs me 100usd at the local dealer...and they are the red ones.

Factory VW.

only if they are the beru's, quantum ones are sh1te...

aint had a problem in over 1 year with the quantum ones i bought...........

Nothing wrong with my Bremi led's that i got from euro car part's EXACTLY the same as the OE lead's which i took off. (also Bremi)

1 years not very long tho Rodders!!! - hardly conclusive...

granted...........but how do you reckon they are sh!te?......if they were sh!te i would have experienced some sort of problem by now surely?

The insulating material does not take to extreme heat to well and they go hard/britle with time, lifespan maybe 3/4 years instaed of 7/8 plus with the Beru's

The insulating material does not take to extreme heat to well and they go hard/britle with time, lifespan maybe 3/4 years instaed of 7/8 plus with the Beru's

ahhh well another 2-3 years to prove you wrong :D :D :D

ahhh well another 2-3 years to prove you wrong

I'm just worried about you Rodders, would want you to break down and have to drive that old porka about! :)

ahhh well another 2-3 years to prove you wrong

I'm just worried about you Rodders, would want you to break down and have to drive that old porka about! :)

well the porka is in damn rude health(recently RR'd at 6bhp and 6lb/ft over standard 156bhp/150lb/ft-not bad for a 19yo with 116k miles) and has taken over most driving duties from the C............for now that is.............once the crap weather has gone its back into the C