Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

g3-wks.. restoration begins.

been spending any spare time last week " and for the next few years i think" startig to prepare the old girl for the paint shop.

very nearly scrapped the whole car due to major rot cause by damage early in the cars life.

g3wks%20progress.jpg

will be keeping this updated here as work progreses

dubforce

woah thats your weekends covered, nice pic , without the front wing from that angle, the rear looks just like a mk2 golf ...

ps. the wheels at the rear look a lot wider than the red ones at the front :-)

There was some good ammusement last week as the old girl came apart... Two footed windscreen removal techniques.

There was some good ammusement last week as the old girl came apart... Two footed windscreen removal techniques.

lmao ... takes me back ... ho hum ... to the days where you would be driving a long , the sun would shine and you'd notice a girls foot prints on the windscreen, he he he try explaining that to your mum when you take her shopping :-)

"YOUTH, ITS WASTED ON THE YOUNG"............

hope so i have a completly clear picture in my head how i want every part of the car to look so aslong as i dont keep changing my mind it shouldn't take to long...

Dude, I had no idea it was in bad shape. :oops:

I had to have the passenger side floor welded to get thru its second test. What was the damage due to?

Gavin

Dude, I had no idea it was in bad shape. :oops:

I had to have the passenger side floor welded to get thru its second test. What was the damage due to?

Gavin

yes that makes sense gav as the whole o/s front end has been replaced at some piont in its life. It looks like it was carried out when it was relativley young in life though just a shame the repair wasn't 100%.. oh well it will all be good.

what have you got planned??? is it a special shell then or summat? otherwise why didn't you bin it and start over with a non rusty one.....

'Just' a GTI G60, with a tilting sunroof. I would think it's as easy to fettle than swap over the tunnel and all the other GTI bits into another shell

Gavin

Aye mate, different roll bars, splits and all kinds of subtle bits n pieces. Tight wad Germans only fitted heated mirrors to that car and keep fit windows!!

what have you got planned??? is it a special shell then or summat? otherwise why didn't you bin it and start over with a non rusty one.....

i must admit this was very nearly the case at one point last week but.....

1, I love this car.

2, Would feel i have let gav down if i scrapped it.

3, A fully welded in 10point roll cage.

4, Its a genuine lhd g60 shell with big transmission tunnel-bonded screen etc basiclly based on the us spec mk2 and alot stronger than a std mk2 shell.

So she is getting a new lease of life just a little more work than we first thought...

ref #2, I am more gutted you got a rusty Golf. Although I fully agree with #1.

:mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing this mate :thumb right: So the Rallye is "just" a daily driver hey! :mrgreen:

yeah for now... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing this mate :thumb right: So the Rallye is "just" a daily driver hey! :mrgreen:

yeah for now... :lol:

Lucky B!£?ard!!!! :wink: :D

they way daz drives it is very very good that he is goin for a proper job on this golf.....im jus scared if i make it out alive like last week daz :lol: