Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

8 hours and counting...

The Big Day Has Arrived.... in bout 8 hours time i will be at the garage picking up my new Baby (if u class a bright red 2ltr as a baby???)....... cant wait.... think i am gonna burst with excitement....

woooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!!........ :D

Might as well be a baby, judging by the amount of attention they demand :)

Good luck with it! And remeber to get some pictures up in the Members Gallery!

i have twin boys (tom & josh) and they are lower maintenance than the c !!

at least you can lock them in the attic and feed them through a loose slate :-) while the c is in a heated garage :-)

i cant decide what to do first tonite... wash her and get her all pretty and shiney... drive about n get a feel for her.... or just park outside my house n stare at her!!!!

its like xmas!!!!!

drive to a car wash , drive the long way home , park it outside n stare -

everything covered i think :-)

dont forget the pics mate :-)

Personnaly I like to wash then drive to maccy d's and park it right near the entrance, then sit in the window eatting a mac watching peepa admire!

Like a proud dad!

Christ GIXXERUK, Surprised you could manage that at your age :lol: or are you boys in their late 80's? :lol:

Welcome aboard scarlett :D

Christ GIXXERUK, Surprised you could manage that at your age :lol: or are you boys in their late 80's? :lol:

Welcome aboard scarlett :D

charlie chaplin :-)

thats a plan... pick up car, go long way to car wash... make her pretty... go to KFC n stare at her whilst eating.... then long way home via some deserted back roads....

u lot are geniuses!!!!!

thats a plan... pick up car, go long way to car wash... make her pretty... go to KFC n stare at her whilst eating.... then long way home via some deserted back roads....

u lot are geniuses!!!!!

just be careful how you enjoy those deserted back roads tho scarlett :wink: ............we don't want you and yer new C to suffer the same fate as scabbyscala's bro did

u lot are geniuses!!!!!

Car wash?? Noooo... get to Halfords and buy all the kit to do it youself. Car washs are damaging to your paintwork!!

:cry: oh.... i..... feel.... numbed.... :cry:

poor wee C, am thinking tonite we'll just have a wee drive down the motorway home till we get to know each other a little better..... no point giving it all up on our first date......

LESS THAN 7 HOURS TO GO........ :D

u lot are geniuses!!!!!

Car wash?? Noooo... get to Halfords and buy all the kit to do it youself. Car washs are damaging to your paintwork!!

always wash mine myself but one car wash wont do any harm ,anyhow it should be clean if its from a garage :?

if you have metallic/pearl paint then you have to go to a petrol station!

Petrol station lights at night always make my C look amazing!!

if you have metallic/pearl paint then you have to go to a petrol station!

Petrol station lights at night always make my C look amazing!!

:lol: I'll vouch for that. I have no idea why, but it's true :D

aint it great that there is a science to making our cars look pretty!!!!

she is the glossy red(hence Scarlett) excuse my ignorance but i think its called Tornado Red????

Yup, agree with JimsG60 on the carwash issue. Recently I took mine through one of those again, as following a round trip to Standsted Airport from Coventry on Tuesday including snow storm, salt, rain etc. the C was beyond a hand wash. I went for the full works, as the called it, jet wash everything, wheelarches cleaned from salty deposits, underbody wash, and subsequently through the dreaded car wash itself with hot wax (all cost me a whopping £8 for 10 minutes of "fun"), only to find myself re-washing the C that same night by hand, as a) there were still some parts left dirty, b) the hot wax had left funny stains on my bonnet (luckily the polisged off nicely). At least I didn't have to spend that much time any more handwashing the C.

I know the excitement of getting a C though. Mine was up in Aberdeen, quick flight up to Aberdeen from B'ham Airport (I still remember the excitement whilst trying to eat the obligatory in-flight stale bun or whatever that was), landing at Aberdeen, meeting the seller at the arrivals gate, walking out to the car park, and there she was, all in gleaming white.

Nothing compared to the excitement of flying across to Munich to buy my Mk1 Rocco, though ;-)

Have fun when you collect your C!

Tempest

I did car wash my last Corrado a few times and the amount of swirls it put in the paintwork! Awful!

Hand washing and drying seems to keep the swirls to a minimum and any effort you put in polishing/waxing the car is rewarded as polish seems to stay untarnished for a LOT longer :)

aint it great that there is a science to making our cars look pretty!!!!

she is the glossy red(hence Scarlett) excuse my ignorance but i think its called Tornado Red????

if its a 2.0litre 16v........it should be flash red as opposed to tornado :wink: