Sign in to follow this  
LarryDuff

What's the size of the original VR wheel?

Could someone please tell me what the specs of the factory fit Speedline VR6 wheel are?

I know it's 15", but what's the width and offset?

Thanks,

AK

Good choice (points at signature) - the only thing you might find is that the with a width of only 7, the wheel sits a little further into the arches than the OE ones.

Still a cracking choice of wheel. Oh, and if you haven't spoken to them yet, talk to Paul @ http://www.slinkdesign.co.uk - they supplied my Comp2's and I couldn't beat their price. Tell them that Jim from the Corrado Forum sent you :)

Mine were, I think around £550 and that was overnighted from Scotland which I can't imagine was cheap.

Then I got the tyres seperately from the g-man :)

Well as we've said before, I just like the OE and reasonably simple styling to them, and the fact that they are Speedlines which are held in high regard as very good well made wheels.

I love those wheels Jim look like they were designed for the car not too flashy, nice and subtle, and when I eventually get a set I think OE style but a little larger is the way to go.

I saw this car advertised on the Club GTI - check out the wheels!!!

http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/forum_po ... 59096&PN=2

Wonder where the heck he got those from - that would be my ultimate upgrade wheel - 16" 5 spoke speedies probably cost a fortune and probably dont make them anymore.

They're not 16" versions of the standard Speedos unfortunately, 16 or 17" vesions of the OE speeds would be fab.....and they were available up until a year or so ago and then they stopped making them.

They're not 16" versions of the standard Speedos unfortunately, 16 or 17" vesions of the OE speeds would be fab.....and they were available up until a year or so ago and then they stopped making them.

:(

Cheers Jim, it was seeing them on your car that made me look into to Comp2's - esp as my C's green as well!

Have seen them priced at around the £600-mark so what you paid sounds a good deal. I've been put in touch with a mate of a mate who says he can get some for me at trade through his job, so i'm waiting on a price from him at the mo.

They are a special order in 5x100 so your mates mileage may vary.. but when I ordered mine a while back S-Link had managed to secure 2 sets in 5x100 so they might still have them in.

Not trying to big them up toooo much or anything but just letting you know :)

Good luck - you won't be dissapointed when they are on. Superb looking wheels.

They are a special order in 5x100 so your mates mileage may vary.. but when I ordered mine a while back S-Link had managed to secure 2 sets in 5x100 so they might still have them in.

You sure you haven't got some kind of commission deal going on with Speedline!! :wink:

You sure you haven't got some kind of commission deal going on with Speedline!! :wink:

Sorry but those Speedline wheels do absolutely nothing for me, i wouldn't buy them for cheap, look like they are the kind of wheels that are on the car when you buy it and you replace and flog off when you have the money to buy the wheels you really want, and how many of them have you now Jim!

I know this will be an unpopular statement but this is what i think and that's what makes the world go around.

I absolutely love the Wheels on OSV, VR6 and Kevhaywires car, stunning with no reserve!

Chris