Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Someone on EBAY using my car??

OHHH dear, well at least the blanked out the number plate! i would take it as a compliment!!!!! it would have been noce to have been asked though!!!

Email him and demand that he removes the pics mate!

Some people!!

I cant get on ebay at work..

DanG60 PM'd me & advised me of this guy using my pic!!

I'll mail him later..

Had this with my old ibiza, my mate sent me a link to a tuning site that was using the pics of my car to sell the bodykits they made. Wouldnt mind but the kit didnt come from them and i had never heard of them either!

Going by the ebay name, I'd hazard a guess it's Johnboy98 on this forum.

I don't see a problem with using a photo of someone elses car though. I'd be flattered.

Apart from his pricing being a bit too expensive for "only" FKs, plus the simply incorrect statement of having to elongate holes when trying to fit In.Pro's tail lights :roll:

Oh well, he's clearly trying to sell his lights :lol:

I had a similar situation some time ago, where a guy over in Germany produced and sold mouse mats on Ebay with pictures of Mk1 Roccos, and it happened to feature the interior of mine, as blatantly stolen from my webpages.

This situation is quite clear: If someone uses your picture material without permission, you can get him for breach of copyright. If however, that person uses his own picture material, even if it's pictures from your Rado or whatever, then he's not in breach of copyright.

I contacted the guy, threatened with legal action re: breach of copyright (couldn't do much legally in the sense that I also own the Mk1 Rocco) of my pictures (my website even has a copyright statement on there!), and he backed off. Didn't get much out of him though, other than a refund on the mousemat I had bought from him :roll:

In hindsight, I wish I had left the guy alone (my mousemat still has that piccie on there :-) ), as that way my Mk1 would have lived on many a mouse mat :lol:

Tempest

I don't see a problem with using a photo of someone elses car though. I'd be flattered.

Indeed, I agree.

Unless you copyright the pictures you upload on here (which will be difficult being a non-profit making public website) there's FA you can do about it anyway..... hardly worth getting angry about imo and he chopped out the reg plate anyway...

in some ways I am, just would have been nice to been asked.. :roll:

in some ways I am, just would have been nice to been asked.. :roll:

Exactly Bal.

Darren at G-werks had the courtesy to ask if he could use a picture of my engine bay on his site. I was flattered he asked, so I was more than happy to let him. Plus it's pretty cool so have my mota on one of the top G60 tuners sites 8)

Agree that although it's a compliment, it's courteous to ask.

I found out today that one of the VW parts suppliers in the US has used a pic of my engine for the VR6 metal coolant pipe..........

vortexcoolantpipe.jpg

....and nope, I wasn't asked either - but it's nice! :oops: :lol:

Hey sorry guys ive only just got back from Bulgaria and youre right I should of asked for both of your approvals, compliment or no compliment!

I will remove both pics immediately if you wish and try and search out (and ASK for owners consent this time) some equally smart looking Raddo's. :oops:

PS Big Eastside Yes I am a Dippy idiot for forgetting to smudge your plate out.

hey mate, no harm done at the number plate has been taken out, just would have been cool to have been asked..

goodluck with yr sale..