Sign in to follow this  
duckeh

Irish Corrado Enthusiast...

Hi there, the names John and I've recently been made aware of these fine fourms! I've read through old topics, looking at member's galleries etc and it's been very interesting and I can see myself becoming a regular.

It's particularly nice to see other people are as crazy as me about their Corrados and spend all their hard earned cash on them.

Anyway, I sold my first car which was a red mk3 golf with white five spoke 16" alloys last year in march (will post pics) and I thought long and hard about what car I'd like to get that I could afford. I always loved corrados but never thought I could get insured as I'm 19 and insurance in the Republic is really f*cked. But anyway changed company and managed to get on a 1991 1.8 16v Corrado. Best thing I ever did.

My rado is Classis Grey and had 140,000 miles on the clock when I bought it for €3,100 (3,100EUR=2,167.12GBP)(3,100EUR=4,171.53 USD). It belonged to a mate of mine who had it idle for a year as it was overheating and he couldnt afford to repair. I bought it with the expectation of skimming the head and everything would be hunky dory! Little did I know.

That was one year ago, I've since replaced the head, the fusebox, headlamps (€400 for 2 new from germany), radiators, pumps.... well, alot of things! As we speak the car is sitting in the mechanics waiting to get the fusebox fitted and also replace the headlight wiring loom as well as the radiator switch as the fan keeps running and draining my battery. Should have it back tomorrow at which stage I'm going to take pictures and post em up!

After all this trouble and very little actual drive time after a year, I'm still in love with it as much as I was first day. My friends and family don't understand, but I'm sure everyone here will!

"Why don't you buy something newer and have no hassle?" is a common question.... forget that! I'd rather suffer hassle every day with my C than drive a corolla or some jap crap! :D

On top of everything I'm a student so have very little expendible cash and time to fix things myself, so its all in all a catch 22. However that won't stop me! Was recently talking to Michael at MJ about a full leather retrim including carpets, dash, everything and have many other things on my list to Cool Clean Original Rado perfection!

I will post pics of my corrado and my old (Boy racerish!?...) golf tomorrow!

Anyway, Just here to introduce myself and say hello... and I'll give more details on my Corrado tomorrow including pics.

Hope to talk to you all about our common obsession, the true German beast that is the Corrado!

John

[/end rant]

Good to see another C lover from the Emerald Isle. Welcome to the forum.

Check out the thread http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight= you may be interested in travelling up to let us see your Raddo. There is an ever growing number of Irish C owners joining the forum which is good to see. You seem very dedicated like another guy I had a conversation with the other night. I expect to see him on the forum soon too!!!

Seem to be a lot of members signing up from Ireland.. its nice to know that there of plenty of Rado's over there!

Welcome aboard :)

Welcome John! This is "the" Corrado forum.

Where in Ireland are u? I'm in Sligo. Don't suppose thats ur C I've heard about around town?

Cheers

DaveB

Not that many Jim, good to see most are making their way to the forum, but TBH a C will fetch more money over here than the main land. If you fancy sending your C this way i will look after it until it's sold :lol:

the main land
:roll: :roll: :wink:

C's seem to be multiplying rapidly over here though :shock: :shock:

I passed three in the space of 20 mins yesterday in Dublin!!!

Yeah totally agree, I only ever seen one in Bangor for the past year, but since i bought mine i have seen 3 coasting on the roads of NI.

Check the link earlier, it would be good to get them all together and have a good show.

If I ever get mine back on the road I'd deffo be up for it!!!

progress fixing the car seems to be going backwards, not forwards for the last while though!!!

I know how you feel mate, fix something and it seems something else goes wrong. But it's part of the love :)

Its worse than that!!....I fix one thing and two or three other things go wrong!! :shock: :shock:

The "love" is being seriously tested at this stage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But ain't all the things that are right with this car worth the effort.

Thats how i see it!!! No matter what goes wrong the car deserves the best.

Money helps but love keeps them alive!!!

:) :) :) ...yeah I guess your right....I haven't actually got to drive the car since last November though :cry: :cry:

ps...our cars are twins!!!.....1990 tornado red 16v!!! :wink:

I must be the ugly looking twin!!!! lol mine is my daily driver, only I have done 6 miles in the past 4 weeks :) thats why I have it. Time for a VR!!!!

Cheers for the replies.

I'm in Kerry Dave, but worked in Dublin for most of last year and be moving back up in a month or so.

Also driving to and from college in Cork 4 days a week... needless to say I prefer coming home late at night, gotta love the sound of the rado at 6,000 revs in 3rd. Orgasm anyone?

Cant get those pics up today as unfortunately my wiring problems have spread, the battery is still draining down. New fusebox and relays but still problems so gonna have to wait til monday know methinks