Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Does the C have deadlocks?

When the car is locked from the key, its virtually impossible to open it from the inside, i can hear the pump working for a long time and im not too sure what is happening here, anyone have any ideas?

Nope, no deadlocks. You'd have a two-stage lock like on BMWs or Vauxhalls if it did. From inside the car, you should be able to pull the knob up, which will unlock the doors. Have you got a Clifford alarm? Sometimes they can go haywire affecting the central locking, requiring a few up-and-downs on the knob to open the doors.

Kev

No, but im getting a clifford fitted as we speak, which will probably cause more probs

Mine does exactly the same, but thats down to the TOAD alarm autolock feature, just press the remote and the doors unlock, :)

Nope, no deadlocks. You'd have a two-stage lock like on BMWs or Vauxhalls if it did.

When I lock mine, the central locking whines... then 6-7 seconds later it makes another whirr. Wassat then?

I have a Clifford.

Never tried opening from inside, 'cos, erm, I don't tend to lock myself in! :p

Souns like a lazy pump or some tube has a hole in it. Mine does the same and the guy who fitted the alarm says it is quite easy to fix. If only I could get my door car off. Is it the same as MKII Golf doorcards? Screws around edge, remove inner handle cover and remove 2 screws there, slide plactic bit to right on little handle and off it comes? Also remove the door pin?

Souns like a lazy pump or some tube has a hole in it. Mine does the same and the guy who fitted the alarm says it is quite easy to fix. If only I could get my door car off. Is it the same as MKII Golf doorcards? Screws around edge, remove inner handle cover and remove 2 screws there, slide plactic bit to right on little handle and off it comes? Also remove the door pin?

Yup... Same... :lol: Lift card up at the end to remove from door...