Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Subwoofer enclosure and Amp Rack for Corrado boot

Hey all,

I am thinking about getting a custom-built subwoofer enclosure and amp rack made up to fit into the boot space of my C whilst keeping it clutter free and able to carry some luggage etc.. I am sure that some members have these already in their C's. I think the guy with the burgundy metallic VR6, (Slot ?), has these in his C ? Can anyone shed any light on where I kight get these made up, can't really be bothered to build it myself at the moment,

Cheers,

BigEastSideTimmehG60

Yeah something like that but doesn't need to be that moulded, seems a bit steep at £180 thought and that's with a group buy. Fair enough, they are good quality but just can't justify that amount just for a sub enclosure. It was more something like this I was after, not sure what make or if it was custom made tho' ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideTimmehG60

You can make one yourself if you're profficient with fibre glass, resin, MDF and theile small parameters. You will be surprised how much the raw materials [good quality chop strand for example] come to, so £180 for someone else to do it is a bargain imo.

yeah its is a bit steep but its alot cheaper than other places are selling them at and ive got the door pods as well so i know the quality as u said ya self is gonna be top notch.....besides im lazy and cant be arsed to do one my self :lol:

Click on my Dubforce link below and there's a pic of my set up. The sub uses a std box but can be taken out easily when I put stuff in the boot. I can also get to my spare wheel and tools easily. :)

yeah its is a bit steep but its alot cheaper than other places are selling them at and ive got the door pods as well so i know the quality as u said ya self is gonna be top notch.....besides im lazy and cant be arsed to do one my self :lol:

Precisely...either you want the quality, or you don't. You get what you pay for in this life, as people with the pods know only too well :D

Audioscape are the only company prepared to take it on. Autoacoustics (IIRC) do them for Golfs at about £350, but not Corrados....and they're not half as good as Audioscape's either.

And what is overlooked here is the fact it is made from scratch by a professional company. Show me another top quality company that will even touch bespoke work for less than a £500?

But as I say, if you're handy with the DIY then of course you can do it yourself but I personally can't be arsed either and the bonus is the car won't stink of resin for a week because Audioscape don't the raw materials anywhere near a car interior :wink: