Sign in to follow this  
Tom_VR6

VAG-COM

Wasnt really sure where to put this, please feel free to move this topic someplace else if it fits better under a different heading. :wink:

As far as I understand all Corrado VR6's are ODB1 but the ones after some point in '93 come with the ODB2 connectors. Surely these have the same 4 wires going to them as the ODB1 plugs? And if that is the case doesnt it mean that it should be quite easy to change from ODB1 to ODB2 style connector?

What I am trying to get at is that it is goto be cheaper to change the plug then pay the odd £35 to the ROSS-TECH guys or similler for an extra cable which converts ODB1 to ODB2!

It's easy enough to go to a scrap yard and buy (umm) a OBDII connector from any VAG car and wire it in. Far cheaper than buying the OBD1-OBD2 connector for sure.

Look for a late passat, or Audi A3, Golf MK3/MK4 take as much of the wiring you can, Can help with the necessary connections if you get stuck.

Guy

One thing to add, you will find that there are only 3 (or 4) wires on the OBD1 style connector, where as newer OBDII connectors have things like K line (Can Bus) connections too.

I am about to try this myself. I have the equipment for OBD 2 which I use on my Seat.

My dad has just been looking at the wiring for my C and it does have the same 4 cables. I'll keep you posted.

Mines a 93 2.0 16v with 4 connections by the way.