Sign in to follow this  
PeteL

Reasonable price

Hi, after years of driving small engined vws im now old enough to insure something with a bit more oooomph! and ive always had a soft spot for a corrado!

ive been offered my friends mums J reg G60, i dont know too much detail at the mo, ive just emailed them questions on the mileage/history/charger etc. and still waiting for a relpy. all i know is theyve owned it 8 years, its totally standard and i saw it few months ago and it is mint!

theyve said a price of £3250ono, so assuming the history and charger are all up to scratch and the mileage is low(ish!) is this a good price?

cheers guys.

probably the most important thing with the g60 is when the charger was last serviced, if it was recent then I recon thats a pretty fair price.

To be honest - although people say the most important thing is a charger rebuild - there are far more things to worry about.

A rebuild is not *that* expensive compared to new suspension/brakes/mounts/bushes etc... All corrados are old now and if these haven't been done then will chew a hole in your wallet quite happily.

Check out all these as well :)

be aware that a full vw history does not mean the car will be upto scratch - like munkay says............

quick update on the g60, its in great nick, got cat1, its got a fvwsh and done 120k but its had no supercharger rebuild! :shock: and i dont think the owner is gonna budge on the 3250 asking price! too expensive???

thoughts and comments please,

cheers guys

Buy it - thats not expensive for a good one - at 120k though I would get a supercharger rebuild done immediately