Sign in to follow this  
Burnout

Samco hoses

Hi

Can someone point me in the right direction for a set of hoses for a VR at the best price?

Thanks

Burnout.

Factory hoses will last long, these hose have a bad history of leaking at the joints. I say if it works better then use and if it only looks better then there is no point. These are show items, when I worked in the automotive industry the people who raced bought stock because it was the best quality.

Dennis

Agreed but sloppy engine mounts can cause premature fatigue splitting of the OE top hose. Or in the case of the Samco, it will just fall off!

I got mine for VR6 about a couple of years ago from Revolution in Gateshead.

Price was best I could see at that time. Waiting time was about 8 weeks as they were not on the shelf.

Judging by one of the coolant hoses that split I assume the rest of the hoses must be in the same condition after 10 years. I think it best to change the whole lot in one go rather than wait for another to split.

From the advice then, I'll go for OM hoses then. Other than the stealers, where do you think is the best place to order such parts.

Thanks for your help chaps!

Burnout.

I found that as soon as one of the original pipes went they all started going, I bought some samco hoses and have not had the slightest problem with them in about 5 years use, not too sure if it's still the case but hose direct were the cheapest when i bought mine (£140 IIRC).