Sign in to follow this  
Riley

sorry guys,a whats it worth thread,1990 valver.

what you reckon people? :)

its a 1990 valver,no sunroof!!,just gone 70k miles,totally standard with all electrics fully working,couple of owners i think second had it 10 years.

interior and exterior are immaculate,my dad bought it as a runaround while my mum chose a new car,it had done 60k miles and it hasnt hardly been used.

he gave top money for it but ya gets what ya pay for :wink: he dosnt buy sh1t.

only managed 2 pics today,will get more tommorow.

cheers,neil.

Gotta be £2-£2.5K's worth no probs.

Had to check the pics when you said no sunroof though, thought you meant someone had nicked it!! :lol:

oh its just got a full powerflow stainless system. :-)

edit:cheers guys,yeah no sunroof to go wrong :x :lol:

Wow what is its history, cant believe a car from 1990 can look so good! Has it had a respray and had its wheels refurbed or has it just been used in the summer or something and stored in a garage? Look forward to hearing more details on it and seeing more photo's incl interior. I would almost be tempted to sell my VR for this! Looks like a really nice example, and lower maintenance without the sunroof, I am paranoid that it will go one day...

Why didn't you buy it off your dad?

cheers guys :)

it was used as a second car by the second owner,he was local.

me and my dad were working when we saw it and asked him if he wanted to sell,he didnt want to really as he just enjoyed looking after it.

so anyway after some thinking time he came back to us with a price of £3200! :shock: and didnt budge,i sorta said thats g60 money but my dad went and bought it!

its not had a respray,i think the wheels have been painted at some stage as theres not a mark on them.

id love to have it off my dad,in fact its registered in my name as i was going to buy it off him but after having the mk1 its just too slow for me :lol:

would be fantastic to stick a turbo on or sommet,i tried talking my dad into it but he bought a mini cooper s to replace it :(

ps:just to give you an idea of our meaning of mint,heres our 50k mile mk1,5 grands worth!

never had paint,never had a stereo fitted,mint. 8)

neil.

Would be nice to keep this totally original given what a nice example it is. Apart from the exhaust any other after market mods? Stereo? Alarm? Look forward to more pics. Has it got all the paperwork from new? MOTs , receipts etc, all the stamps? None of the usual stone chips on the bonnet, dents in the doors etc?

The golf looks amazing! The C in as good a nick as that?

mine went for £1800 a week or so ago with 102k miles and some modifications, other than that it was very simular! if you look on autotrader theres alot of cheap valvers about, but stick to your guns, people will pay more for a quality one. I'd stick £2200 on it and see what sort of reaction you get - mine sold inside a week. In fact... Orpheus from the forum was kicking himself that he missed out on mine, might be worth dropping him a PM to see if hes interested.

edit:sorry chrishill, just seen your reply,thanks!

nope,no other mods. :)

its got an old panasonic stereo,dont know if its the original?

has got an alarm that opens and locks on a fob,think its factory fit.

pretty sure its got all paperwork and full history,youll have to forgive me but its been in the garage for quite a while!

the paintwork is like glass everywhere,even round the wheel arches etc :D and there isnt one dent anywhere!

wouldnt say its 'just' as good as the mk1,just due to the fact there is one weird little mark about half inch long just above the door handle.

neil. :)

Jeez. I payed FAR too much for my valver. Over 3k with the usual electrical issues and just over 100k on the clock. It seemed reasonable when I bought it about a year ago, but I guess that's what you get for buying just after the Top Gear article, and not knowing about this place at the time! :cry:

Yours looks lovely...

yeah the golfs arent very popular esp the mk1's and black is probably the worst colour, plus it hasnt got a stereo so that'll drop the price and people prefer bigger miles than that so that they are properly run in

i'd put it up for £500 and expect to get £350 ish

i'll pick it up in an hour :-)