Sign in to follow this  
FaTT mk1

THE MOST POWERFUL 8V G60 IN THE UK !!! ?

I have'nt driven a Honda S2000 or Civic Type R properly yet. I do think the 2.0 VTec engine as used in these would be impressive.

As for the 1.6 Vtec B16A JDM Civic i used to own, the engine was rev happy, but the pushed back sensation was nowhere as good as my standard g60 or any vr6 i've been in.

But why get worked up bout BHP, Torque ETc when we driving one of the most desirables made around.......how many people have you met that say, "i always liked those" or "i always wanted to get one"?

Ok, so, stating that max BHP was at 7200 RPM and that it'd easily be over 300BHP with another 1000rpm in your first post was just plain incorrect and misleading and is exactly the kind of post I was having a dig at. I could happily extrapolate the rolling road graphs I have for my cars and say that "with another 2000rpm I'd be making 300bhp in my MKI 16V which had a standard 1.8 KR engine in it!" :roll: I'd not say that though, 'cos it won't spin that fast! :lol:

The post with the pics of the graphs in it IS ,however, impressive, and does show that this is a bloody powerful G60 engine with plenty of grunt pretty much all through the rev range... Sounds like the guy who has built this knows his stuff and has built a little corker of an engine... I'd love to know the rest of the spec on this... 8)

Well thats it, they ain't cheap you also have to think of the duty to pay on that and also these heads are supplied in a semi finished rough cast state. So you have to pay someone to flow them and generally clean up all the ports.

They are a pig to shim up to since they are only supplied in solid lifter format and due to their design.

But in the end you do get what you pay for the ultimate 8v head. :wink:

Torque is only half the story. While torque is the force created, it doesn't account for the importance of revs.

Imagine trying to remove a wheel nut from a car with a standard wheelbrace and all the torque you could produce can't loosen the "Kwik fit special" airgunned super tightened wheel bolts. You apply lots of force, i.e. torque, but you still can't generate any rpm. Therefore nothing is accomplished, no power generated despite your cursing and kicking. So - Without rpm, torque is useless!

Two engines may make 125 foot/pounds of torque, but if one is a ford turning at 5,000 rpm and another is a Honda turning at 10,000 rpm, the Honda is doing more work than the ford, therefore generating more power.

HP = Torque x RPM / 5252

so the ford makes 125*5000 / 5252 = 119HP,

but the Honda makes 125*10000 / 5252 = 238HP - must have been an S2000 :)

Delk, that's true, BUT conversely, if the Honda makes sod all torque down low in, and the Ford (why are we using ford? :pukeleft: ) makes bags of it, the Honda will stall as you try and pull off, the ford will spin the wheels and heave itself off to it's redline... ;)

You also have to remember that gearing is an important factor too... Just ask PhatVR6 what changing the final drive did to his car (if you're sitting comfortably that is... ;) :twisted: :lol: )