Sign in to follow this  
fla

PAS Pipes pressing sensor

I've notices the pipes from the PAS reservoir running to the side of the battery press the wires to one of the sensors on the radiator - seems odd to me. I've tried moving the pipes away but there's no space to shift them away. Any suggestions?

Pic added - I dont know how to highlight the area but you can see the connector leads being pressed to the left of the battery. The connector is pretty much in line with the bottom left corner of the battery and you can see the PAS hose just above it, near to the small hole on the battery base edge. Sorry its not a good explanation, i just dont know how to select the area or draw a ring around it.

sounds like the pipes have been run too close to the radiator fan thermo switch (big brass nut looking thing between the top and bottom hoses on the radiator with a connector with 3 thick red/stripe wires going to it)

You may find that if you pull the connector off the switch, you may be able to re-route the cable so that it's not rubbing anymore... 8)

Sorry chaps, I've added the pic but I cant seem to see it anywhere. What have I done wrong?

That doesn't look right. The Pas resevoir pipe should run from the bottle, behind the battery, along the battery tray and down to the engine block. Someone has been messing about in there.

yup, that's the fan switch... it's a bit tight in there isn't it... :|

Come on guys, what's it like on other peoples VR6s? 8)

Anyone else got a similar pic of this part of the engine bay? That's full VWSH for you I guess.

Fla,

IIRC your car has aftermarket AC? The whole front of the car was disassembled in order to fit this. The additional piping makes it all tight and things were put back together by AC engineers. If it all works, best to leave it alone. :)

When you do the auto to man conv you will see it all apart in all its glory.

OK, does that mean i will also need to disconnect the aircon for the conversion? If so, I'll save the regas for later.

Aaa, as "simple" as that. Anyone else with aircon with a nicely arranged engine bay that wouldnt mind posting some pics? Something A20 Lee style would be ideal, but i dont know if Lee has aircon.

Just so that you know. The AC pipes came from Diavia pre-made and they were too long. That is why it is so frickin tight in there. I have my old pipes undone at the moment and will be shortening them to get a nice fit. I will also post the best routing for them. I think they used the same pipes for Passat & Golf hence a universal approach.

So Fla it is unlikely that anyone has a nice bay unless the fitter went that extra mile.

So Fla it is unlikely that anyone has a nice bay

Storm, thats a shame - only if you remove the creature comforts that you stand a chance of opening the bonnet and smiling. Anyone else with aircon with a better setup than mine?

Just an update on this, simple mod - remove the connector, push the pipe down a few cm and push the connecotr back home. Voila, no more spoiling those wires, AND you can remove the connector more easily. :)