Sign in to follow this  
ryan

whats the differance between a 8v & 16v back box?

Does anyone know if the 2 use the same back box? I cant seem to find a back box, either a standard one or a sporty alternative for my 8valver.

I have been to ATS, a car ac shop and Halfords. No one has it listed. VW is shut at the moment but I dont think I want a std one.

I was wondering if I could get a 16v to fit ?? Or maybe a Golf one ??

Any help much appreciated as car is now off the road - busted !!!

Ryan

hi m8,cant say for sure but its possibly just a difference in the diameter of the pipe?

and maybe one diffarent hanger if i remember right.

neil. :)

Most likely, the 16V mk2's had a bigger bore size...

VW exhasts don't look great but they are cheaper and last twice as long as pattern ones.

ive got an 8v and they can be hard to find certain parts(such as exhausts!) because not all companies list the 8v corrado. I've even had the "computer says noooo" answer at the vw main dealers when it comes to finding the 8v corrado on the system!.

You'll find that some companies such as Scorpion (not that i suggest you buy one!) do list exhausts for corrado 8v's in magazines like PVW so they do exist!, you could also consider a custom made exhaust from the likes of Longlife (although i've heard bad things about them!).

I have opted to keep my exhaust standard at the mo but if/when i decide to put a aftermarket one on i will probebly contact the company i pick (maybe supersprint) directly and speak to someone, thats what i suggest you do!. good luck mate