Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

chrishills silver vr6 - the wheels are on!

But only because you were staring at the bloke walking along in the tight shorts and not paying attention... :? :lol:

Sorry.

fitted a k&n kit tonight, bit annoied that the provided bracket is obviously supposed to be used with an extra bit of pipe (not supplied) but thems the ebay breaks i guess. its cable-tied in position til i can sort out a solution. I 'know' i'll not have gained anything powerwise by putting it in, so a heatsheild and cold air feed are planned to try and help it get some lovely cold air.

best thing about it though... the noise is mental!! during normal driving it just sounds a little more gruff, but boot it and HOLY SH**!!! I can see my petrol consumption going up tenfold with this thing on...

They are a bit mental aren't they.. I think dr_mat's post on the Yahoo Group after he fitted his K&N, saying something along the lines of "Hahaha!! I drive a fecking T-VR" sum things up there pretty much ;)

My VR with it's swiss-cheesed airbox does give a pretty might growl when I give it some. Currently thinking about replacing it with a CDA to get a bit of fruit :D

yup thats about right! its actually not too bad with the windows up, i can see it being 'tolerable' although noisy, with the windows down its just defening... but i like it ;)

well, it went to the insurance company's salvage yard of choice yesterday, sadly.

it 'should' appear on this site at some point in case anyone interested in taking/breaking it! the engine is still sound, interior spot on, set of 4 good speedlines on it... oh and a working MAF :lol:

http://www.hbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/zyview/D=vehicles/V=category/ALIVE_STATUS=alive/ZV_AND_OR=and