Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Yeah that was my next plan. Doesn't the radiator still get in the way even with the slam panel off? I'm using an actual Allen key which is 100% pants.

I got a set from machine Mart, has a holder in it that fits the 3/8 ratchet and then loads of different Allen key and torx ends you can swap over

I got the manifold off Goldie, so I'm not sure yet how hard it is to get it off the car! But I will let you know in a few days once I've replaced mine with this one.

2012-11-17_17-34-50_427.jpg

:)

Mate that looks great. Does anyone know if this is possible to do on a 24v manifold?

No, its plastic. Oh and for those taking off 12v mani I just jacked the engine up a little to gain a little access.

Hahaha, scrap that idea then.

Hi Goldie, how you doing mate? I used an electric sander and worked through a few different grades of paper to cut through most of it, I then used a Dremel multitool to get to the hard to reach places. Once it was completely sanded back I used wet and dry paper to get rid of any light scratches, and then finally used some metal cleaner to polish it up. I did alot of it by hand, and it would probably come up better again if I used an electric buffer on it!

The pictures are quite dark and it actually looks better in the flesh. Im really happy with it, and when I get my engine out in the next few weeks I will also be polishing a few other bits before it gets put back in.

Thanks again mate. :)

Replaced split heater coolant hose pipe.. put new coolant in. Went for a drive and all is well. Now the front ends on stands, caliper is off. Pads are out & look pretty new so happy with that. Disc wasn't secured to the hub at all, is this normal? Just kind of fell off when I took the caliper out the housing. There is usually a screw at least holding it to the hub isn't there? Either way I'm wrestling with the caliper carrier bolts as they just will not shift.

Ugh. More WD40.

Yeah I'll get hold of some. Just going to leave them over night with a few blasts of WD and see if that works first. But they weren't budging. :(

more sound proofing in today plus underlay cut ready to go in hopefully carpets can go back in next week :) then its on to the outside then the engine :)

Been collecting parts for a while now since I bought in October, car is good but has a lot of little niggles and had been Pimped by a previous owner. Mookie (who I bought it from) had made a start and de-gangsta-ing it but still lots to do. I am going for the OEM plus look.

Today I remove the horrible aluminium hand break lever, mk2 golf gear on and rather nice but not Original momo steering wheel. I managed to get a good wheel and gearnob from Anton and a handbrake lever from ebay.

I also did a few extra jobs while at it:

Cleaned the wheel and knob with autoglym leather cleaner and gave then two doses of leather cream, looking and feeling great.

While I was there I cleaned and greased the gear selector at the stick and gearbox end. Gears now move like a new car, really worthwhile job

I also removed the steering column cowl and followed David Worts write up on the cleaning and greasing of the indicator and wiper stalks. They now feel much less creaky and smoother.

Realise the screw on the cowl were all missing as the point they screw into have perished, will use some epoxy to make new and re-tap the holes.

Removed the headlamp switch for cleaning and greasing tonight.

Went for a drive....car feels like a better place to be without all that bling!

Sancho - what happened mate?

Owen - is that a matt black bonnet? Considered doing this to mine or maybe doing it satin black - as i cant afford to get the front end sprayed and its covered in stone chips and laquer peel - which ive had a go at repairing and only been partially successful.

How do

i swapped engine bay looms on my G60 today mine was shagged what a ******* of a job not to be taken lightly!!!!!!!

i had to doctor the fuse box plugs to reconnect them (those stupid location pins) and after reverse fitting the bulk head grommet because i gave up on

removing the servo we finally got there appart from a blue wire with a yellow tracer an a black wire im done tfft

ps how are you meant to reconnect that shockabsorber that pretensions the alternator?

stabbed my hand a few times must be an easy way????

How do

i swapped engine bay looms on my G60 today mine was shagged what a ******* of a job not to be taken lightly!!!!!!!

i had to doctor the fuse box plugs to reconnect them (those stupid location pins) and after reverse fitting the bulk head grommet because i gave up on

removing the servo we finally got there appart from a blue wire with a yellow tracer an a black wire im done tfft

ps how are you meant to reconnect that shockabsorber that pretensions the alternator?

stabbed my hand a few times must be an easy way????

heh good luck with that. It takes ALOT of strength to get it back on :(

Realised i went to work for 3 days last week, (16 miles away) but have done nearly 600miles on the corrado just driving around :lol:

Nah, not that much, I just put on a new one on mine. Be determined, and it'll go on.

Cheers,

Redfox.

hmmm maybe the one on my old G60 was just being a bugger than.. or im weak :lol:

Sancho - what happened mate?

Owen - is that a matt black bonnet? Considered doing this to mine or maybe doing it satin black - as i cant afford to get the front end sprayed and its covered in stone chips and laquer peel - which ive had a go at repairing and only been partially successful.

It's a carbon wrapped one.

Only ever found early bonnets that were wrapped until now.

Quite like the look now with the tinted lights... Looks very stealth.

It's a carbon wrapped one.

Only ever found early bonnets that were wrapped until now.

Quite like the look now with the tinted lights... Looks very stealth.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. The tinted lights set the bonnet off nicely 8)

well at the weekend actually stuck it in for mot and it failed on track rod end brake pipes insecure ( 2 *50p clips sorted that plus a few bruised knuckles getting the things off) hand brake in need of adjustment redid a pipe too just to be sure bled the brakes all round and then last night after it passed its mot i then nearly lost a wheel ( felt like a twat as in my haste to get it ready i forgot to tighten the wheel nuts ( thankfully didnt lose the wheel but almost) today after work i have spent most of my free time driving round with a grin on my face. ......................... and my daughters reaction to me telling her the C was back on the road oh dear noooooooooooo pity my golf isnt going to be fixed for a couple of days yet :)