Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

on saturday I fought with the lambda sensor for about 8 hours... :mad:

it's now got a nice new Bosch one fitted... 8)

One front Bilstien shock fitted, but all came to a halt as the rubber stop (goes over shock rod) on the other side is split. New one ordered off VAG today. Let the work continue...

Finally finished installing the interior, door cards and drivers seat were last to go in.

Undertrays for dash gone in except drivers for time being.

Fitted K&N and removed Snorkel from Bx

Fitted my White Comp Mo's

Booked car into Midland VW Next week to have my bushes done front and rear and my FK Coilovers fitted

just over 2 weeks left till i take the trip to G-Werks, :thumb right:

chris

unplugged the lambda realised it is doing absolutley nothing!! :( ordered new roof rubber trims and caps new rear number plate plinth, new front splitter from gpc collecting tomorrow, to add to the respray mountain!! :D brought a bahn brenner rsr kit from ebay, toyed with the idea of getting the fmic and charger rebuild this month but its at least a grand as i need a chip too! :shock:

well went to pick the bits up and someone had pinched the roof caps! i brought some tt pedals as well as they were very cheap i brought two brake pedals and an accelerator i think ill need to bend the accelerator very slightly but they look very nice!

jesus..

ur not hanging around!!

:lol:

if i had that kind of motivation, my corrado would be well better off and my house would be emptier :lol:

jesus..

ur not hanging around!!

me or cheesy? we're both on a bit of a roll atm! i just know that over the winter i wont want to be working on her and i really want to do a lot of shows next year. got a secondhand camcover today here goes my first attempt at polishing ive got a good polishing kit just thinking how to remove the old paint bit of nitromors or shall iget it blasted.

you! :lol:

i first ussde nitromors to strip a wheel i have. it gives a good finsih on the metal i spose, but i found it a pain, my mate later told me to ignore the useless instructions and just soak whatever it is overnight.

sounds like a better idea cause it was a pain when i followed the instructions

i first ussde nitromors to strip a wheel i have. it gives a good finsih on the metal i spose, but i found it a pain, my mate later told me to ignore the useless instructions and just soak whatever it is overnight.

i found that nitromors dried out if you left it on for more than an hour.

cool ill leave it in a bath of it overnight and hope it doesnt melt the ally! hope it turnsout ok if not then ill send it to lowvento!

tried to fix my heater but cant see where the defroster cable needs to come off?? but de-wipered the rear, looks much better :D

fitted audioscape sub box and focal sub, took my dual mono out and am running the sub from the profile 4 as it sounds great anyway!

i found that nitromors dried out if you left it on for more than an hour.

i was finding that if applied as it was telling me it was drying out before then as i was trying to scrape the paint off, thats when my mate told me he does it by soaking them in it overnight.

havent tried it again yet. got another 2 wheels to strip :roll:

anyone know if blasting, presumably sand, erodes the surface of the metal your trying to get to bare finsih, it sounds WAY to abrasive for my liking,

tho powder coaters acid dip them dont they? you could get that done,w othout having them coated i spose?

tho powder coaters acid dip them dont they? you could get that done,w othout having them coated i spose?

yeah it would be nice to just have that bit out of the way then on with the polishing!

its a real dilema about how to tackle it all as im going to take the alternator off and possibly the charger in which case why not get it refurbed whislt its off? ho hum descisions descisions! think i will get a new alternator as mines a bit manky or is that just stupid as it works fine?! ill see if i can tidy it up. (thinking aloud)

My local blaster dips the wheels in a tank of caustic to remove most if not all of the paint and then gives them a quick blast to clean the surface and make it uniform for either painting or powder coating.

Paint stripper you will find is not that good at removing the paint from wheels as the alloy is porous and the paint stripper dries into the metal, also on factory wheels the etch primer is especially hard to remove with only paint stripper.

Caustic dipping is the best way i've seen so far to remove the paint and not damage the surface.

zymole dthe roof and bonnet (bonnet hasn't been polished since it was painted, roof was looking a bit "milky" and oxidised). gave the rest of the paint a good celan down and a quick buff up.

all ready for bug jam now!

all ready for bug jam now!

blooming british gp is on the same day why are all the things i want to do an the same damn days! good luck up the strip paul looked and sounded great at gti fest not t o mention on the video. what alarm have you got btw i peered in your window and it shouted at me!

British GP

Great i'm going, got free tickets thru 1 of the suppilers at work

vip bx on craner, free food and drink all day

chris

you bugger! ill be either at the bottom of craner on the old ,or the outside of redgate havent decided looking foward to it its always a good race when rossi hasnt won last time out!

sorry dont tell me off for talking bikes!!

Sat here, got all excited that it's back from the body shop and then yelled at my brother for not sending me pictures. He said it looked superb though, am pleased at that in itself.

I want to go home and see the results! Now!