Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

indicators dont work!!help me.

hey all

my indicators dont work at all, the dash light glows if thats a sign for anything. all fuses arre fine and also i think all the bulbs are fine as they flash when i use the alarm!!

any ideas would be great as its frustrating having no indicators and MOT is due very soon.

where is the earth for them etc??

thanks

zak

indicators and hazard lights dont work at all, is their an indicator relay or anything and also where is the earth for the dash components, is it anything that the mfa doesn't really work propoerly also always reads 99.9mpg!!

thanks

I wouldn't think its a fuse or relay as they work for the alarm, must be something up with the switch gear etc...

99MPG - check your vacuum hoses! - what engine is it?

its a 1.8 16v all ported polished etc running bout 170bhp!. im going to tackle a few jobs for it at the weekend, also the radiator is steaming allot when hot, think maybe its gone too!!! do you know if a g60 radiator will fit???how much bigger is it??

cheers

zak

For the indicators, check that your relays are all plugged into the fuse box fully, also make sure that all of the multiplugs behind the fuse box are in fully too...

The 99.9 mpg is usually because the pipe on the back of the dash board instruments is blocked, damaged, or has come off.

does that mean henny that i have to remove the clocks and have a look behind them??? if so how do i do it?

finally i think my radiator is on its last legs, is the g60 or vr6 radiator a good mod for it??is it any bigger and will it fit my 1.8 16v??

cheers

zak

Agree with Henny, sounds like indicator relay is stuck hence the light is glowing, but its not switching.

Supercharged, the alarm sends its own positive voltage to power the indicators, so it doesnt work off the indicator relay

it's on the main fuse box. Check that all of the relays are seated properly as they can work loose and cause "interesting" faults like this... ;) Indicator relays are pretty cheap and you should be able to get one to suit from just about any decent car accessory shop.

To remove the clocks is easy, there's 2 screws at the top of the surround which you need to remove and 2 in the bottom outer corners behind plastic covers. Drop the steering wheel to it's lowest setting and you can then remove the black plastic housing. Behind it you'll see that there's 2 screws in the top outer corners of the clock cluster which you can remove with a long handled screwdriver. The clocks will then pivot forwards around the bottom edge.

If you have an analogue mile counter, then you've got a speedo cable to fight with, if not, there's just a single multiplug to undo. Around the middle of the back of the gauges there should be a sensor with a rubber vacuum hose on it. If this hose is missing/damaged you'll get your 99.9 mpg reading.

had this problem in my MK1 and it turned out to be a faulty hazard light switch causing all the problems...

Phil K, eye, that's a good suggestion... 8) The Hazard switch is often overlooked in problems such as this...