Sign in to follow this  
fla

Whats this item?

I guess its somethng to do with the cylinders as there are 6 pipes, but I want ot remove this and polish it up a bit. But what is it exactly and what does it do?

Aaaaargh, same problem again - pics dont want to be added to my post! WTF is the problem?

No Kev, its actually situated at the back of the engine bay, if the bloody pics would attach it would be obvious. Its got 6 5mm pipes with olives on them fitted slightly towards the passenger side of the firewall, roughly under the left hand wiper. Sorry 'bout the description - picture paints a thousand words and I'll probably need more than that to describe the damn thing. Its about 20-25cm in length.

Cheers all.

Yeah sounds like the ABS pump if it's behind the gearbox to the right of the exhaust manifold. You don't really want to be removing that!

yup, that's the ABS pump... leave WELL alone, they're stupidly expensive if they go wrong/get damaged... :|

OK, advice noted. How can you clean it up tho', with some brasso or something?

carefully... (ba-dum-tish....) :lol: I'll get my coat...

Erm, dunno, I'd guess that a tooth brush or dremmel with some polishing compound may do the trick... :?

Thanks for the tip Henny, will give it a go on the weekend after changing the ignition switch.