Sign in to follow this  
fla

Anyone recognise this connector?

Its a bit difficult to see but I've threaded this loose connector through the red tranny fluid dipstick. Anyone with an auto box would have an idea as to where this should go. It runs around the front of the engine block in a cluster of pipes and cables, on the lower side of the block (if that makes sense!) Sorry the pic is a bit crap - I dont know how to ring the item so I hope you can make it out. The plastic looks a bit grey. It needs to connect to a spade connector somewhere, maybe a ground, but judging by the salt accumulation on it i guess its been open for a while now. Appreciate any help chaps.

Thanks

I have a feeling that's one of VW's notorious "spare" connectors... :lol:

I seem to remember reading that the VR6 has a spare wire there with those colourings on it... Anyone care to back me up please? 8)

Can't quite see for certain, is the wire yellow and black? I have one of these and was wondering too.

If the wire is yellow with black stripe, then that circuit in the autobox is the starter inhibitor.

The wire runs between the Autobox ECU and the starter inhibitor relay marked 150 on the top of the fuse panel but I guess this wire is tee'd off into the engine bay to save taking out all the drivers footwell trim to get at the back of the fuse relay plate or the ECU in the driver's door pillar when diagnosing the autobox / starter problems. It's also linked to the shifter lever position switches so presumably recognising the "P" position.

It is not a VAG1551/VAG-COM connection. It is carrying a 12 volt on/off signal.

Bottomline, tuck it away unconnected.

RW1, Yes its the yellow with balck stripe one, sorry its not so clear from the pic. OK thats fine, i'll just move it out of harms way. Judging by the state of it I dont think its been used at all.