Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

photos of bolt locations for twin bonnet lifters

as this has been asked about a few times and as my car seems to be one of the few that has (or has had) twin inxx lifters fitted, I've taken some high res snaps of the locations of the 4 bolts. I've tried to provide angles that'll allow you to work out exactly where they should go, but if they're not right or people feel they need another shot of something just give me a shout.

download them here in a .rar file (3.89MB)

cant take credit for fitting them, that was done by Chris VR6NOS and H8RRA.

from conversations i've heard Chrisvr6nos having they're drilled into the 'spots' (I assume the welds?) otherwise they dont bite properly, I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in on some more details when he spots this thread!

The drilled hole needs to be through the double skin area so you get a better thread but you can always dot it with a bit of mig weld to secure things further but they worked well for near 3years, another factor is you need to fit the strut to the wing and lift it up, this will pretty much give you the place where you need to drill and fix the nipple, a touch of grinding may be needed to allow the gas strut to lift a touch higher as i did.

You don't really want to drill through the spot weld as this would remove the weld, instead, you can make the hole partly into the spot weld but not in the middle of it, just thought i'd make my self a little clearer.

HTH

Chris

Guy,

VF Vortech stage 3? but where's the charge cooler, stage2 i'm sure you mean though i stand to be corrected, have you been spending more money!

Grinding is refering to the edge of the socket that fits on the wing fixing, lift the lifter up once popped onto the wing fixing and it goes so far, if lifted further up it tends to pop it's self off so i groung a little of the back of the socket off so it lifted to where i wanted it.

HTH

Chris

...n a .rar file (3.89MB)...

whats a .rar file? I thought I could open most files but this one has me stumped...

Plus you can change the amount that you compress it with the latest full version or spit it into handy sized chunks, more a professional tool without using a costom algorithm but a nice free one!

Chris