Sign in to follow this  
Ranj

Keskin Wheels

Has anyone tried the KT 4's from keskin with a 9x16's with a ET15? I am looking into purchasing a new set of rims and want something with a deep dish look. I have seen the keskins on a dutch corrado with the same size and it looked awesome. I have stock suspension right now but might go with the coilovers in the future , I've had this car for 11 years without a hitch , just rebuilt the charger last year , with 250,000kms on the original charger.

1990 G60 260,000 kms, Euro frt end , Tornado Red, daily driver for the past 11 years ,

thats exactly what im gettin as soon as the shop has them in. Ill have 7.5x16 front and 9x16 et15 rear. Ive been told it will sit nice and flush too the arch, but coilovers would be needed i reckon before the rims as 9 at back could possibly rub on standard suspension as they are a bit wider than coilovers, also arch mods will be another thing that will definately be needed to help elimate any kind of rubbing issues.

Hello mate & welcome to the forum.. so you used to live in Cov hey?? yr corrado must be in good hands to be doing so well.. good stuff!

Heres a pic of one I think??

9's would look sweet all round.. you'll be wise to get coilovers..

i looked in to the 9"wide for the rear but decided to stick with the 7.5" due to not being arsed to do arch work needed to stop the rubbing.will look good if do get them though and they are nice rims :D

Hello mate & welcome to the forum.. so you used to live in Cov hey?? yr corrado must be in good hands to be doing so well.. good stuff!

Heres a pic of one I think??

9's would look sweet all round.. you'll be wise to get coilovers..

thats right mate decided to skip over the pond about 13yrs ago , couldnt get used to driving the big gas guzzling yank cars though , so stuck to what i know best, vws, I used to have a 1990 16v GTI back in the hey days in Cov, anyway looks like youve put a lot of lovin into your ride , what do think of the fk coilovers , I've still got the original struts up front on mine , I have replaced the oil in the cartridge assy of the strut and this made the car ride like new again .checked out some of the pics from corrado club of de, looks like the 9x16's are quite popular over in germany, its getting that ET number just right that could make the difference between either lovin or hating the decision to go with the 9's.

I 'll post some pics next time.

Glad to here you stayed with the VW..

Cheers mate.. getting there slowly.. the FK's are good mate, been on the car over a year now.. done abt 20k on emm.. no probs at all..

9's are sweet on a rado, must have em all round though!!

Alright Mate,

U were from Cov then?? what Part??

these are really nice wheels! i am a real fan of them! good luck wid ur purchase

couldnt get used to driving the big gas guzzling yank cars though , so stuck to what i know best, vws,

i can see ur point!

9's are sweet on a rado, must have em all round though!!

if the roads over here were as nice and smooth as germany etc, then i would do it.

ive got my eye on them as well! :)

would the 17 x 8.5 KT1's fit?

oh and what are coilovers???

They will if they're made in 5x100, otherwise you'll need adapters....and you'll need offset 30 and some arch mods.

The KT2s are my faves, despite being a rip off of RH's ZW1. And the KT4 seems to be a copy of the BBS RC....very good quality copies though I have to say!

Coilovers = A term [wrongly] used by people to describe ride height adjustable suspension kits, but the fact is all Corrados have 'coilovers' as the proper definition of it means 'coil over strut', which is how all Mcpherson setups work.

if u saw the roads round where i work, you'd realise why im being a chicken lol.

I'd park down the road LOL

I can see im not gonna win this one :roll: perhaps i will just give in and get 9's all round. it would look 8). I suppose you want it so low it decapitates worms as well dont you bally lol.

these are gonne be like the new bbs RS this year :lol:

And here was me thinking that I was gonna be daring and new(ish) with a set of 9x16 for the rear and 7.5x16 for the front KT1's. :p

Actually,I'm expecting them home in the next day or two,so watch this space for pics. :)

I can see im not gonna win this one :roll: perhaps i will just give in and get 9's all round. it would look 8). I suppose you want it so low it decapitates worms as well dont you bally lol.

like they say, you only live once!!

dare to be brave!! :D

They will if they're made in 5x100, otherwise you'll need adapters....and you'll need offset 30 and some arch mods.

The KT2s are my faves, despite being a rip off of RH's ZW1. And the KT4 seems to be a copy of the BBS RC....very good quality copies though I have to say!

Coilovers = A term [wrongly] used by people to describe ride height adjustable suspension kits, but the fact is all Corrados have 'coilovers' as the proper definition of it means 'coil over strut', which is how all Mcpherson setups work.

Cheers kev, by arch mods you mean rolling?

I've been looking at these wheels (Keskin KT-1's) for a long time now and trying to find out if they will fit with my Koni/H&R spring setup - quite frankly i think they are the best looking wheels available for the C. - just a bit doubtful about their 8.5 width (17's) as i dont really want to go through the time & expense of arch modding! However the suppliers reckon the ONLY(?) prob will be the brake clearance issue - perhaps needing a 5mm spacer on front. If this is true I'm defo getting them. The other option would be going for the wider 16' wheels ???. The offsets for BOTH sizes would need tobe thought about - I would say 40ET for 17's & 15/20 ET for 16's! Thoughts.....

after running 9x16's on a few cars I can offer you this advice. carry some clear nail varnish in the car an inspect the wheels daily. the dish on the rears gets hammered with stone chips from the front wheels and if left un touched will corrode and look minging. I've already seen one set of keskins looking rough as hell within 8 months. not due to the quality of the wheel, but due to lack of care on the owners part.

Nice looking wheels when they are new, bloody awful when the rims start going scabby. look after them.