Sign in to follow this  
20v turbo

vw racing cup today

well had a good day at donington today ,some great racing and a few spill ,the weather held out till the end of the day so it was good for the drivers,have to say though as good as the vw cup was the british GTcars were f**king awesome 8) ,took a few pics not the best ,still geting to know new camera :? .

Yeah i was thinkin that, went last weekend for the historic racing and security on track was as tight as a ducks arse

I also went yesterday, had a really good day. I'd never been to the GT racing before and I can firmly say I'm hooked.

I was surpised to see 2 corrados as I'd only ever seen Ken Lark's car, apparently there was 2.016v there as well (female driver I think) but it had taken a hit and was off the road. I Had a chat to Ken and the guy who drove the Saxon car (terrible with names) both very approachable and more than happy to chat about the racing and the cars. I'm not sure the R32 should be allowed to race in the same class though, I know the more powerful cars have to carry ballast but no matter how quick the lighter cars are through the corners they're never going to get going as quickly out of them or on the straights.

I saw a couple of C's in the car park and wondered if anyone from the forum was there, I was in my mate's 05 Mustang parked up next to another mates 996 Turbo (drool).

Did anyone see the last VW race? I had to chip off after the GT.

Campaign,

as for geting to redgates we just walked up there,there was no security and nobody said anything :) .i ended up getting the fuji s7000 seems vey good just alot mor features than what i'm used to but i will get the hang of it eventualy :?

Campaign,

as for geting to redgates we just walked up there,there was no security and nobody said anything :) .i ended up getting the fuji s7000 seems vey good just alot mor features than what i'm used to but i will get the hang of it eventualy :?

Were you inside the fence then? If so, I know where you went. Just goes to show how good the ol' Fuji is really. I have an S7000 as my "travel/holiday" camera. Had it just over a year now and it takes great macro (close up) shots too.