Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

BBS Split Rims

I've seen a few sets of BBS Split Rims to fit a four-stud on ebay recently, all of which seem to be 15". Can anyone tell me if these wheels were made in other sizes such as 17" or was it just in the 15's?

you can get them in 15'', 16'' and 17'' and there are 2 different center designs ones with round centers with the dimples (same as the standard G60) centers and ones where the line of the spoke goes right up to the center 'nut'... I know these rims have different names but have no idea the difference as they are so similar...

HTH a bit, I'm sure there are more poeple on here that are better informed these rims than me...

rm's are 2 piece spilt rims(same centres as g60 bbs)

rs's are 3 piece split rims (spokes continue up to the nut and the caps are screw in)

rms only come in 15"

rs's come in 15 and 16" in 4x100 pcd

rs301's are 17" 5x100 pcd.

never seen a set of 17" 4x100 rs's but anything is possible i suppose

rm's

showwheelssmall.jpg

rs's

84_12_sb.JPG

Thanks for the info, was really hoping to get something like some 17's in hope that they'd fill the arches a bit better than the 15's and maybe do away with my constant yearning to have the car lowered. But I do really like these BBS split rims, and suppose one bonus if I had 15's again is that I could re-use my existing tyres which I only renewed about 4 months ago.

Does a set of BBS split rims on an unlowered C look ok?

be sure what size you want and what you want to achieve from the wheel change. The difference in ride quality is huge just with a 1" diameter difference. I went for 16's cos all the advice i had is that C's find 17's a bit too hardcore, but at the same time, there are loads of people with 17s that im sure think they are fine. I have had to put 15's back on temprorarily, and it dont corner anywhere near as well. However, it feels like a rolls royce over small bumps etc. Those pics look well nice btw!

oh ok. Maybe I should just go with some 15's then and then at some point in the future think about getting my C lowered. Just so long as it doesn't look c**p with nice wheels but still sitting up in the air on standard suspension.

Any opinions?

Thanks. Would I be better off with wider tyres? I've just got 195 50 15's at the moment, but loved the wide look of my last car (E36 coupe) on 225 55 15's.

I went from 185/55/15 to 195/50/15 for tyre price alone

it looks lowered compared to the sebrings fitted as standard on a 1.8 16v

i have mine lowered with Standard Speedlines, and although it doesnt look as good as the 16's, still looks seriously good. Am actually considering leaving it with the 15s cos the ride is so much more comfortable.

Will try and get you some pics of mine too.

The C need lowering a bit no matter what rims you run IMO... pic in my sig will give you an idea on how RM's will look on standars suspension as they are the standard G60 rim - v. similar but one peice and not worth anything like the RM :lol:

A set of 16'' RS's or even a set of 17'' RS301's will cost you close to a grand where as the 15'' RM's go for a bit less... so buying those would maybe save you enough cash for a bit of a drop?

Mines on the 7x16 et25 4x100's (rs 003) IMO you go for 16" because they're a good compromise between ride and looks. Mine are on 195/40 tyres at the mo and ride is not too much different to the 15", a bit harsher but not uncomfortable. You put 195/45's on for a softer ride aswell....

Dscf1827.jpg

Only thing is they are very rare in this size/fitment. You can get Porsche 5x130's and use adapters aswell tho