JabbaG60

New Corrado front mount intercooler

No problem, the discount will apply to everyone included in a group buy.

The kit will come with instructions and pictures. It is quite easy to install, the only difficult bit is removing the rad.

The core is 440mm x 220mm x 40mm, over twice the surface area of the standard one. The core is also a light weight fully brazed core rather than a heavyweight welded type which heat soaks in extreme conditions. The same core has been usued in other applications up to 2 bar of boost and pressure tested to 100 psi by the manufacturers!

Yes, it will fit onto an RSR outlet. I asked in a email with Elton.

I would like to see dyno results as well. =]

The developement car is a 1.9 with a BBM screw charger. With a 53mm pulley running 1bar on the standard intercooler it ran 242bhp and 230lbft. Once the intercooler was fitted I could run more ingnition advance and it went to 250bhp and 238lb ft. I then fitted a 50mm pulley and the power went to 260bhp and 250lbft.

The charge temps were logged on all the runs, the max temp registered on the standard intercooler at 1 bar was 68 degrees C. With the front mount the highest temp registered 37degrees C. This was in a chassis dyno cell with 22 degrees C ambient temp.

One of the main reason we've done the FMIC is to use it with the turbo kit, so it had to be good enough for 1.5bar

I lke the sound of the turbo kit. Will the FMIC and turbo kit work together or is custom fabrication needed?

The developement car is a 1.9 with a BBM screw charger. With a 53mm pulley running 1bar on the standard intercooler it ran 242bhp and 230lbft. Once the intercooler was fitted I could run more ingnition advance and it went to 250bhp and 238lb ft.
8bhp & 8lbft difference to the standard Corrado G60 cooler ??

.... need pics before I commit, me and Red= Fast are in the same area... maybe I can get some cash but 1200 US is steep for college student, considering I just spent 1000 US to get it fixed.

I'm still trying to figure out if $1,000 + shipping from the UK is worth only a 8hp gain. I mean, don’t get me wrong the kit is a great looking set up especially since its all basically bolt on.

On the other hand, you can get a Golf Rallye FMIC, "U bend", and piping for about $2,000 + shipping from a couple different places and I have heard of gains up to 20-30 hp from that set up on a G60. But with this is requires either a new radiator (a MK2 non AC with the ends switched from the Corrado one) and also the removal of the cars AC and possibly a new radiator fan.

I'm still trying to decide which way I wanted to go with it...it’s either pay 1k for one that requires no modification for 8hp or pay 2k and modify things a bit for 20-30 hp gain. =\

its not just about peak power though, with a FMIC the car will be allot more responsive and quicker throughout the rev range, :D please correct me if i am wrong,,, :roll:

which one would you suggest going after...? I am having a real problem deciding on which will be better in the long run.

I'm not a G60 owner but have to say, why are these things so damned expensive, they're nothing more than an air to air radiator so why the huge money????

That's the main reason i don't have an intercooler on my VR6, water injection looks the more realistic.

For 8bhp/Lbs ft gain for £1000 was it? I'd seriously be looking at keeping the std cooler and popping nitrous on which not only goes in at -160c so is the ultimate intercooler but gives you a reliable increase of 75bhp instantly and safely and would take a lot of bottles to get through to equal the price tag of the modded cooler but offeres a massively higher fun factor and impressive performance!

Chris

Since its been designed on my car you might appreciate my opinion, 1st time today its been out on a hot day and you just dont notice any power drop off even after a lot of enthusiastic drivin. Well impressed.

Its not about ultimate BHP gains more like keepin your power and keepin ya engine safe so you can run more mods safely i say!

IHIG60, thanks for the input. It did help me look at it a bit differently. I am going to make a couple posts and see what the general consensus is and then make my decision based on everything.

IHIG60, thanks for the input. It did help me look at it a bit differently. I am going to make a couple posts and see what the general consensus is and then make my decision based on everything.
No worries but trust me it is made to a very high standard not had 1 problem so far and dont expect any!!!!